joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GLOV November obs/disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going to have to hammer out who are the winter thread starters lol I had the hot hand I think it was 2 years ago and you had the GHD storm lol Chi Storm also has brought some good ones I believe.

I did two; neither were great for me, but the Feb 20-22 I believe was a very good winter storm for areas NW of me.

What's strange is that the last five Novembers we've had a grand total of around 5 inches, an average of 1 inch per year, yet we average 3-4 inches in a typical November. Despite these rather slow starts, once December comes around the snow starts cranking. It's as if the weather knows the calendar and when meteorological winter begins, the snow kicks in. Maybe this November will be different for a change.

I did two; neither were great for me, but the Feb 20-22 I believe was a very good winter storm for areas NW of me.

Well, you're out of the running then. ;)

I wasn't around but whoever started the Valentine's Day 2007 thread way back when gets my full support as thread starter.

That'd be Mr. Beau Dodson.

I really can't remember the last time we had a decent snowstorm in November that wasn't LES. In recent years, it takes until at least December 10th to start getting some good synoptic snows. Every year I keep holding out for a 6" snow before my birthday on Dec. 5, but the weather sure is taking its time arrowheadsmiley.png

I think both the Nov 2002 and Nov 1997 storms missed you to the east. I'd be happy with a couple of test drive inches, if that's all this November has in her.

Idk if some of you SE Michiganders remember this one but I vividly remember the early November windstorm in 2003. I was at camp with my 6th grade class and it was the first time I've ever been blown down by a wind gust and we had a lot of flurries the next morning. Hopefully we can get one or two of these in this month to get winter kicked off

Idk if some of you SE Michiganders remember this one but I vividly remember the early November windstorm in 2003. I was at camp with my 6th grade class and it was the first time I've ever been blown down by a wind gust and we had a lot of flurries the next morning. Hopefully we can get one or two of these in this month to get winter kicked off

I remember it quite well. We had some wicked as winds. Took out power and communications. Ill take a rain check on another wind storm of that caliber. I have a beautiful Oak in front of my house I dont want it crash into my house.

GFS has us very close to snow here at 150hr with a wave that develops on the frontal boundary. And then the next image is something you don't see too often..two strong lows that close to eachother. Only thing to take from this run of the GFS is that its showing it getting more active as we hit November.

:blink: at that monster over Southern Quebec....

Archived