Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
GLOV November obs/disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much warmer day here today. Made it up to 56 after starting in the mid 20s.

I went back and read the November 2010 GL discussion thread earlier. Was kind of entertaining as there was much of the same winter cancel kind of talk in there lol. Also read much of the Dec 3-4 superclipper thread. That wasn't such a good idea though, as now I'm really looking forward to the first snow system.

I went back and read the November 2010 GL discussion thread earlier. Was kind of entertaining as there was much of the same winter cancel kind of talk in there lol. Also read much of the Dec 3-4 superclipper thread. That wasn't such a good idea though, as now I'm really looking forward to the first snow system.

I would almost suggest everyone take a peak back at last year. Its funny.

I started that thread :popcorn:

big system drops down from the northern plains around D8 on the 12z GFS then goes nuts on the EC.

12z Euro is fun in fantasy land. 3-6"+ for parts of Kentucky, Indiana, and Michigan next Sunday? Lock it up. :lol:

Heh, it gets kooky after that and retrogrades the low west from MI to the arrowhead of MN. Definitely lock it up.

Looks like a wave develops in MS and moves NNE with just enough cold air on the backside.

Looks like a wave develops in MS and moves NNE with just enough cold air on the backside.

That happens a lot in the long range, but the cold shot looks real. Neutral/-NAO developing with the EPO improving. It probably will lose that second wave, but the idea of a pretty solid cool down looks like a definite possibility

Nice looking system, but as you guys mentioned the cold air is non-existent. :(

I wouldn't say non-existent. There is some cold air to work with and it all comes down to the partial phasing of the two waves over the area. The 18z NAM drops the wave from the northern plains further south into IA/MO allowing for a tad more cold air and tries to get going with the eastward moving wave across the plains into the GL/OV.

08f8a4ef3a2a479c8ec12e1379c1d8ee.gif

Hard to tell yet, waiting for BUFKIT, but maybe a mix or some snow per 18Z NAM up here. Beautiful track for SE MI if there was cold air.

Pretty intense system as travels south of us hopefully it can suck in just enough cold air. I would not be surprised at the least we sneak out a wet sloppy 1-3 inches especially north of 696.

Not sure if you recall back at around the same time 2008 we had almost an identical track. Temps were stuck in upper 30's through duration of the deformation band. That would have been nearly 10" out of that. We Were struggling to get any arctic air in the region similar to whats going on now. Could be a active year similar to 2008/09

Flint Mi to Toledo OH better keep an eye on this one if a decent phase brings about more favorable temp profiles. Personally I have my doubts with this but it would not be a shocker to see things trend cooler given it's late November.

I would say Saginaw valley as well. It has been trending NW

The temp has risen a few degrees since this afternoon. The clouds are providing a heat dome, I guess. I don't think we'll get down into the mid 30s as they are predicting.

The thermal ridge is passing just ahead of the cold front, which will be pushing through shortly.

Strong CAA behind the front should allow for temps to quickly drop. Temps are down in the low 40's to mid 30's out west.

The thermal ridge is passing just ahead of the cold front, which will be pushing through shortly.

Strong CAA behind the front should allow for temps to quickly drop. Temps are down in the low 40's to mid 30's out west.

Yep.

Meanwhile, currently at our high for the day here...60º at LAF/58º at KTIM at 10PM. Windows open, kinda enjoying the nighttime torch.

Archived