EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
The weekend storm.

usedtobe

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS is like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. So many systems over the years have shown up on this model when other models have offered a different solution. To be honest I no longer consider dreaming of ANYTHING until the Euro begins to sniff it out too. No worries though guys it's only December 9th.

By mid month the PNA is forecast to be near neutral, the NAO is forecast to be near neutral, and the AO is forecast to be -5 to -6. I would be interested to see what other mets have to say about a pattern like that for this region. Seems to me that's a pattern that could be fairly favorable for snow in the last half of the month.

By mid month the PNA is forecast to be near neutral, the NAO is forecast to be near neutral, and the AO is forecast to be -5 to -6. I would be interested to see what other mets have to say about a pattern like that for this region. Seems to me that's a pattern that could be fairly favorable for snow in the last half of the month.

does seem favorable, just hope we can get the storms to occur during the neg AO. i think alot of it is timing

The 00z GFS for same time period... a 1-2" burst. NAM says what's snow. Wes may be right... but hopefully not

CONUS_GFS0P5_SFC_12HR-ACCUM-SNOW_39HR.gif

Wes has been waffling about the chances of snow tonight as the models seem to be at odds. The one caveat is that the gfs likes snow with cold advection and often overdoes the light amounts. However, the vort is a pretty strong one on the GFS making it possible that we see some snow showers.

12z NAM dries out IAD West pretty fast and has basically very little precip at all for the rest of the day....at least 1/2 the precip as it gives DCA and BWI. My guess is that my area does not see any snow.

6Z GFS gives CHO over 3.5" of snow and NAM zip. While I'm tempted to go with NAM, the GFS has been pretty consistent in this. Would be quite the coup.

I could see flurries but more than that would be surpirsing and your skepticism is definitely warranted.

Those were my thoughts as well. I'm just surprised that this event warranted this much discussion, and to be honest I got tired of it about halfway through and it's pretty much down to "let's just see what happens" at this point.

have to head out for a bit, so I don't have a lot of time to look at this more in depth to tell for sure, but I just took a quick look and meso analysis and it would appear as it the cold air is coming in fairly quickly over Western Virginia. Again, this is after a quick 30 second look, so I could be totally wrong.....

The most interesting thing about the weather so far today is how the temp has dropped in N MD from 50 this morning to current 42 while winds are still out of the S, SW.

I do not rule out snow squalls well after midnight that could whiten the ground. Heck, the half inch I had on Friday did not melt off until afternoon yesterday.

Archived