amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Prolonged rain potential, Sept 23-28th

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that would probably be the worst thing that could happen.

i think axis is further east but srefs like the area you are talking about.

They seem to want to stall the front there and have the low ride up and along it. The other models stall it further east. It might be someting where the heavy rains sets up over NJ/NYC/MRG and then slowly moves east. through Friday night and Saturday. The front should then stall and another low develop early to mid week.

They seem to want to stall the front there and have the low ride up and along it. The other models stall it further east. It might be someting where the heavy rains sets up over NJ/NYC/MRG and then slowly moves east. through Friday night and Saturday. The front should then stall and another low develop early to mid week.

yeah. hopefully it doesn't end up that bad - i.e. we don't end up with training downpours over the areas that have been crushed the last month or so - but there's good reason for concern, i think.

the pwat anomalies came up a bit on the 00z gefs...a little hint at +3sd.

certainly some red flags for hydro concerns...if not from round 1 then perhaps round 2 early next week.

yeah. hopefully it doesn't end up that bad - i.e. we don't end up with training downpours over the areas that have been crushed the last month or so - but there's good reason for concern, i think.

the pwat anomalies came up a bit on the 00z gefs...a little hint at +3sd.

certainly some red flags for hydro concerns...if not from round 1 then perhaps round 2 early next week.

Certainly hope NE PA/WMA VT is spared, incredible devastation in some of those areas. The Euro seems to want to really rip with the second wave, the rogue development sticks in the back of my mind. Some big tides coming up.

Yeah I think it may initiate there first and then move east. That seems to be the trend, as the GFS yesterday was farther west. Tough to tell with these bands.

i noted this in the mid atlantic forum... all the meso models have a low coming up from the tropics while the gfs doesn't

Quick word:

there is an area of disturbed weather between 65 and 70W at the latitude of the Bahamas. I haven't the time to check the cyclone phase at FSU ...they may not have it assigned at that, but the 12Z NAM has a cohesive vortmax origined in this vicinity, and gets it b-lined on SNE after it turns the corner E of the Carolinas and shoots north within the converyor between the OV low and the Atlantic ridge. I saw that on the 500mb panels and figured it good in the minimum for a whack of rain and sure enough, the sfc envolution depicts that slamming in 70-84 hours out.

Lot's to follow there... Someone mentioned meso and that's a good plan, because such a feature may slip between the GFS grid to some degree, particularly if it remains lesser coherent in the flow albeit real nonetheless.

Euro forms a separate zone of rainfall for eastern areas after the initial stuff in W SNE.

Looks like it keeps the heaviest precip up in new england over SE mass and the cape..

There are through 156 4 separate bouts with pretty heavy rain. That rogue stuff Tip refers to seems to be garnering a little support also.

Here are the top analogs on CIPS at hr 84 on the 12z GFS: http://www.eas.slu.e...12&sort=500HGHT

It's interesting to see that this has similarities to the event we had at the beginning of last October. Although the cut-off occurred farther south but it also looks like it wasn't as potent as the GFS is depicting this one will be.

That could save the western areas from the worst damaged. Still kind of worried about the back forth amounts. It could still be very close for a big hit for western newengland.

I think as this whole thing gets organized and a weak s/w approaches, it will probably hit the PHL/NYC and western mass areas pretty good at first. Then what could happen, is that the whole thing moves and then stalls near eastern mass as another low develops. So basically like Will said, maybe 2 areas of max QPF. These +RA events are always hard to predict, especially when you have little weak lows developing and a potential subtropical connection.

Archived