joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Prolonged rain potential, Sept 23-28th

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll grade myself a C on this one. Started off pretty promising with many of us receiving 1-3" of rain last week. Still could be some more rains tomorrow into Wed but they look more sporadic in nature, spot 1 maybe 2" the further SW you go. The ULL ended up retrograding to far W to give us the huge rain totals.

I'll grade myself a C on this one. Started off pretty promising with many of us receiving 1-3" of rain last week. Still could be some more rains tomorrow into Wed but they look more sporadic in nature, spot 1 maybe 2" the further SW you go. The ULL ended up retrograding to far W to give us the huge rain totals.

Yea , the Bermuda High was too far SE also, allowing HP to build in, the Euro nailed this UL setup.

This was also modeled fairly well too. While the setup had some ingredients, I think we spoke about a few missing links and the model QPF was insistent on remaining fractured. Remember during the PA floods, that the GFS kept hitting the area with extreme QPF values. That's usually a red flag right there.

This was also modeled fairly well too. While the setup had some ingredients, I think we spoke about a few missing links and the model QPF was insistent on remaining fractured. Remember during the PA floods, that the GFS kept hitting the area with extreme QPF values. That's usually a red flag right there.

the euro showed the closed low much further south for every run until wednesday

Archived