amirah5
Prolonged rain potential, Sept 23-28th

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? That's not good...

Make sure you get the calories back today

I have one of those Garmin GPS watches that tracks distance/mileage /time/ calories/elevation change etc... I burned 2714 calories on that run. I drank water thruout...but still very dehydrated..Heading out to lunch now...but honestly not even that hungry

I have one of those Garmin GPS watches that tracks distance/mileage /time/ calories/elevation change etc... I burned 2714 calories on that run. I drank water thruout...but still very dehydrated..Heading out to lunch now...but honestly not even that hungry

Geezus hope this does not happen to you in Hartford, from runners daily

I’ll add one additional factor here that I didn’t include in my first draft of this article: getting caught in the midst of having a very bad day. If you were to catch a runner on film in the late miles of a marathon who has hit the wall, become extremely dehydrated, and perhaps pooped in their pants (yes, it has happened), those might qualify as making a runner “look bad” too. This wouldn’t be the cause of an extremely low-weight person, but it could certainly cause a runner to have bad color and generally look pretty nasty

Missed your posts!!!

Thanks Ryan. Believe me I would like too post more but have been limited. Been on FB a lot for work but I'll try to post a bit more here now that I'll be laid up for at least six weeks. I finally had the surgery on my right hand and wrist. A lot of pins, a plate and a bone fusion; only one good ligament in it; so now everything is done left-handed for me.

I didn't realize how complex it was Andy. You'll be the like the bionic man. :) My mom crashed on her bike a few months ago and tore the ligament that controls her thumb...had an operation in SCH to fix that and it worked ok. That was simple stuff though in comparison.

It's not a bad day here ..albeit ovc with very little if any sun. I have 72/62 right now.

Thanks Ryan. Believe me I would like too post more but have been limited. Been on FB a lot for work but I'll try to post a bit more here now that I'll be laid up for at least six weeks. I finally had the surgery on my right hand and wrist. A lot of pins, a plate and a bone fusion; only one good ligament in it; so now everything is done left-handed for me.

I didn't realize how complex it was Andy. You'll be the like the bionic man. :) My mom crashed on her bike a few months ago and tore the ligament that controls her thumb...had an operation in SCH to fix that and it worked ok. That was simple stuff though in comparison.

It's not a bad day here ..albeit ovc with very little if any sun. I have 72/62 right now.

I knew it was bad but didn't know it was as bad as it was until i went under. thumb ligament is the only good and healthy one; rest are either torn or stretched and one is completely gone..one bone was floating free..wrist joint and other hand bones were fusing. so it was a mess

AN ELONGATED LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM HAS DEVELOPED JUST NORTH OF THE

NORTHERN BAHAMAS...OR ABOUT 175 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF CAPE

CANAVERAL FLORIDA. SATELLITE AND DOPPLER RADAR DATA INDICATE THAT

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BECOME A LITTLE BETTER ORGANIZED...

AND SOME SLOW DEVELOPMENT OF THIS DISTURBANCE IS POSSIBLE DURING

THE NEXT DAY OR SO BEFORE UPPER-LEVEL WINDS BECOME UNFAVORABLE.

THIS SYSTEM HAS A MEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A

TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES GENERALLY

NORTHWARD AT 10 TO 15 MPH. REGARDLESS OF DEVELOPMENT...LOCALLY

HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER THE

NORTHWESTERN AND CENTRAL BAHAMAS THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

Tracking a TC genesis over the Bahamas.

Hi res satellite loops show cyclonic motion occurring inside a general region of elongated ow pressure, situated near 28.5N/78W. This region of vorticity has been in the NAM models for awhile as a small entity; it will be interesting to monitor this over the next 24-36 hours. Currently....deep layer steering field argues for interaction with land in the upper MA or NE regions, but most guidance types of non-tropical variety are not indicating much. Still, these things can be fickle and develop - or not - with limited warning.

Tip's post in the other thread

Its more interesting when you're dealing with an actual tropical invest. rather than just a low pressure like yesterday

andy sorry to hear about the wrist, hope ya heal well. Interesting post you just made.

TY

Thats what I was thinking... Do any models really show that good rain?

not yet but using blend of GGEM, WRF/NAM and yes UK they are all modeling weak LP SREFS now coming on board and PWAT anoms are impressive too.

Tip's post in the other thread

Its more interesting when you're dealing with an actual tropical invest. rather than just a low pressure like yesterday

As per Tip's post WRF has been allover this system (IMO) for a while now

15z SREFs look much wetter for tomorrow

wouldn't be surprised if next cycle even wetter, too

Archived