amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Prolonged rain potential, Sept 23-28th

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is NBD..Just like each and everyone of them has been saying. This is a meh event..Sorry

What is wrong with a flash flood watch?

There is potential for an inch or two of rain in a short time span on Fri night/Saturday. It doesn't have to be a 7 inch tropical storm to create flood problems.

That would be an overunning event with a snow/sleet/rain depending on location, Typically that would pump in warmer air from the south, So lattitude would play a large roll

Okay, Thanks. I live i near the NH border.. so possbly decent snow in the winter in this set up. and a mix down in like CT.

I like a lot of wind with storms though.

Saturday looks wet. That ruins my plans for a cookout at the Quabbin. If it is going to be cloudy, I rather it is precipitating the whole period of time.

This is very much like a Spring pattern imo. Even in the fall, especially this time of year, it's a little unusual I think. We do get them, but the whole pattern looks Spring-like.

Its tough to compare this pattern to a winter pattern since the polar jet is a lot further south in winter. But if you tried to be verbatim, then this pattern would suck azz in winter. But in reality in the colder/suppressed winter pattern, this would probably be an overrunning event for us with probably a lot sleet/ice in there.

Its tough to compare this pattern to a winter pattern since the polar jet is a lot further south in winter. But if you tried to be verbatim, then this pattern would suck azz in winter. But in reality in the colder/suppressed winter pattern, this would probably be an overrunning event for us with probably a lot sleet/ice in there.

Oh yeah defintely, but if you just look at 500mb...I would have thought Spring if I didn't know any better. Look how warm it is to the north and south of that ULL. +16 at 850 over Hudson Bay..lol.

This is very much like a Spring pattern imo. Even in the fall, especially this time of year, it's a little unusual I think. We do get them, but the whole pattern looks Spring-like.

Oh, Then I was not off base too much.. I'm still learning. It looks very blocked up like in the spring-time. I also thought that in this pattern you'd get a lot of WAA and mixing. However, as ORH_wxman pointed out, the polar jet would most likely be further south and more low level cold air trapped.

At this time of year I rather have frosty nights and nice deep blue skies of crisp air in the day.. like 80's and 30's at night. This ruins my cookout at the Quabbin on saturday.

I'm a Yankees fan.. :( But back on topic, I'd think there could be some rain still up your way if the ECM/NAM are correct.

I'm a Red Sox fan until death. Sorry. I hope your team loses on saturday.

Not sure how to get extended rainfall data ( in the days) off those models yet.. But I'm trying to learn. If I watch more posts here, I'll probably catch on sooner or later. There is a lot of great info. on here.

Down to 56 here now. This isn't bad at all. It has dropped 5 degrees in the last few hours.

I'm a Red Sox fan until death. Sorry. I hope your team loses on saturday.

Not sure how to get extended rainfall data ( in the days) off those models yet.. But I'm trying to learn. If I watch more posts here, I'll probably catch on sooner or later. There is a lot of great info. on here.

Archived