Newest Member
    joxey
Prolonged rain potential, Sept 23-28th

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that name...lol.

Just picture him standing by the river..dressed in a wizard outfit..piles of freshly bulldozed sand surround him..crates full of empty sandbags being unloaded off trucks with forklifts....Shovels of all different shapes and sizes at the ready..ropes to tie off the sandbags. It's time to save the city

Euro and GFS in synch now http://www.americanw...er=/models&id=6

Can say I have seen this setup before and we are usually flooding.

Yeah, the closed low over the Midwest with a blocking high over the Canadian Maritimes is a classic set-up for heavy rains on the East Coast. Also, the duration of the event is particularly ominous. NYC could break the 1983 precipitation record if this verifies.

Lots of heavy rain potential here. Not all of these result in something big but some can be prolific flooders. Synoptic signals are there need to see how the mesoscale features evolve.

How are rivers running in NE still?

I looked at the Euro... it drops a lot of precip but its over such a long period of time that would it even matter? It seems we get an initial wave 60-72 hours out, and then another wave 162 hours out...

The GFS does make sense to keep the heavy rain along the front from the Delmarva through western mass on Friday. That's if it is right.

An epic rain event would be more damaging than normal because so much erosion and damage has already occurred out here. River and stream banks are eroded and a lot of retaining walls are compromised.

Roads in VT are still a mess and I was talking to a woman today who works for the state dpw and she said Rt 2 W of Savoy is gone in places and may take years to repair!

An epic rain event would be more damaging than normal because so much erosion and damage has already occurred out here. River and stream banks are eroded and a lot of retaining walls are compromised.

Roads in VT are still a mess and I was talking to a woman today who works for the state dpw and she said Rt 2 W of Savoy is gone in places and may take years to repair!

Check it out

http://littlebangtheory.wordpress.com/tag/charlemont/2011/08/30/the-damage-done/#entry

Wow! Thanks for the link Ginx. I had not seen some of that. Amazing really. Needless to say we've seen enough water out this way.

I've been chomping at the bit to get out to some of the more remote locations. I've got baby duties the days I don't work and his head is still just a bit too bobbley for me to strap him on for rugged hikes. lol.

well, my friend is getting married on Saturday at 4pm- Marlboro, VT Colonel Williams Inn...the ceremony was originally planned to be outdoors...but i guess there is 0-chance of that happening...

Nah, there is still an ok chance you'll get to be outside for that. Beautiful area, enjoy no matter what the weather. Stop in Brattleboro, great little town. You'll probably even drive through Greenfield on your way? Probably not downtown though.

Nah, there is still an ok chance you'll get to be outside for that. Beautiful area, enjoy no matter what the weather. Stop in Brattleboro, great little town. You'll probably even drive through Greenfield on your way? Probably not downtown though.

i should leave early and stop in and meet one of the newest members of our wxweenie family! :)

hope you are sleeping!

Archived