amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Prolonged rain potential, Sept 23-28th

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wx is just brutal for the folaige season. Gonna be a late peak this year FTL..Last yr was nice and early

Color has absolutely exploded up here this week... the difference between Monday and today (Friday) is amazing. Fields of red can be seen on the mountain when viewed from town... and we've got a lot of trees now down in the village that have vibrant color. I'd say we are right on pace for a peak around that first week of October or starting next weekend... especially if it continues at this pace. Those mornings in the 30s and our first 32F reading really got the process going.

Before this week its been very muted yellows, browns, and generally lackluster color. I was quite impressed with the color today, though, so I wouldn't worry for those of you that are just seeing the muted stuff now... it'll likely explode at some point though this humid/warm pattern might delay it a bit again.

Color has absolutely exploded up here this week... the difference between Monday and today (Friday) is amazing. Fields of red can be seen on the mountain when viewed from town... and we've got a lot of trees now down in the village that have vibrant color. I'd say we are right on pace for a peak around that first week of October or starting next weekend... especially if it continues at this pace. Those mornings in the 30s and our first 32F reading really got the process going.

Before this week its been very muted yellows, browns, and generally lackluster color. I was quite impressed with the color today, though, so I wouldn't worry for those of you that are just seeing the muted stuff now... it'll likely explode at some point though this humid/warm pattern might delay it a bit again.

That's actually reassuring to hear. It's been pretty muted down here so I'm hoping we get the fireworks in the next week or two.

Archived