• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

I just made another thread to discuss what happens fi AMWX goes down with server overloads. Maybe we could all find another place to meet in case it would. AMWX is a huge info source and if it went down for any extended time over the next few days it would be awful. Can discuss it in the other thread.

Gene

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just made another thread to discuss what happens fi AMWX goes down with server overloads. Maybe we could all find another place to meet in case it would. AMWX is a huge info source and if it went down for any extended time over the next few days it would be awful. Can discuss it in the other thread.

Gene

We'll be fine. There may be brief outages, but we're tweaking settings as server loads rise.

It's been ok...not great though...has been a bit jumpy.

Imo, gfs has shown good (better) consistency

Thanks, I wasn't paying attention in the days prior to the tracks into Florida/Carolinas.

Looking at the NAM and my other favorite 3 letter model along with the water vapor the first trough is somewhat more impressive, more in line with the 18z NAM as it comes across the Lakes. As a result there's a bit of a tug NW in the 18z NAM that wasn't there earlier. Sort of a compromise between the 12z which pushed the cane SW versus older runs, and all the prior runs.

Archived