Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a EOC meeting, surprised to find out CNN has this as a 2 at our location. I also was surpised no members of the EOC had heard about the excessive rainfall, when I mentioned 8 plus amounts they were shocked. Folks only think about wind I guess. Coordination calls Friday 10AM

Do you just work with the Nation or are you with your town/county as well?

A decent number of folks were at the store getting lanterns, etc. when I went... and this is 100 miles inland at 1000' ASL. Power outages are the biggest concern for most, but the rain is going to wind up being the ultimate issue. At least here.

I got to wonder about the ultimate fate of my mom's house. Her driveway is 10' ASL, but I could see her basement flooding for the second time in 18 months. Plus she has a glass sunporch thing that I'm wondering it will survive.

Do you just work with the Nation or are you with your town/county as well?

A decent number of folks were at the store getting lanterns, etc. when I went... and this is 100 miles inland at 1000' ASL. Power outages are the biggest concern for most, but the rain is going to wind up being the ultimate issue. At least here.

I got to wonder about the ultimate fate of my mom's house. Her driveway is 10' ASL, but I could see her basement flooding for the second time in 18 months. Plus she has a glass sunporch thing that I'm wondering it will survive.

Tribal Nation and Foxwoods, MGM etc, huge enterprise, basically a small city.

MOM at 10'ASL, not good, what street i will print up an inudation map. Do not know if you saw the ones I posted this afternoon for you.

Tribal Nation and Foxwoods, MGM etc, huge enterprise, basically a small city.

MOM at 10'ASL, not good, what street i will print up an inudation map. Do not know if you saw the ones I posted this afternoon for you.

I saw the beach ones (Misquamicutt)... she is on Frigate Street on the West side of the island (a bit north of the bridge). There is a small town beach across the street.

We are making plans... maybe head down Friday or Saturday

I saw the beach ones (Misquamicutt)... she is on Frigate Street on the West side of the island (a bit north of the bridge). There is a small town beach across the street.

We are making plans... maybe head down Friday or Saturday

Looks like even in 38 she did not flood, here is a 5 foot surge

No matter the current tracks...some one is in big, big trouble...whether it be from extreme rain fall or pretty strong sustained winds.

I'm pretty worried at this point.

Yeah, I'm worried about serious flooding if this thing runs inland up the Ct River Valley. There won't be a dirt road left intact in Franklin Co. if we get 8"+ of rain in 12 hours.

Yeah, I'm worried about serious flooding if this thing runs inland up the Ct River Valley. There won't be a dirt road left intact in Franklin Co. if we get 8"+ of rain in 12 hours.

This is starting to concern me quite a bit as well -- wind we can handle - rain, not sure....my road is dirt right now as part of a massive reconstruction project.....as are most side streets within half of mile of my house. Could be very ugly

18z NAM went way west again, eastern Carolina would get a good whooping. Starting to breate a little easier and thinking it may be a larger problem further west?

SW CT Jackpot like all winter? Now they get 100mph winds and 2 feet of rain?

But if this trends east in the final 48 we could be in a great spot....

Anyone in interior NE, what was Bob/Gloria/etc.. like for interior areas..

I guess on just skeptical on winds that far in the interior.. I kinda wanted the big rain totals

With Bob, I was without power for a week along with close to 2' of water in my cellar, Then got lucky and found a generator to get the basement pumped out..

But if this trends east in the final 48 we could be in a great spot....

Macabre, but the "good" news is it's coming. Who it hits the hardest remains to be seen but I think a miss east is off the table.

NAM misses it with the trough entirely, does a EURO type deal I think where it will run way west into Jersey. What's amazing is there are noticeable changes at 6h on the 18z and those carry out throughout the run, so position around the 0z hour will be critical as will 0z init.

Would appear the threat is shifting west, will see if that holds but I feel better that my house will still be standing Monday am.

Archived