gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh, if you are driving in from nyc..... you can avoid all bridges and get to some good chase spots.

Take 95 to the foxwoods exit..then follow the signs to westerly and that will take you to route 1.... follow that to 1a and narrangansett is easy to get to from there.

RT 1a in Westerly is shut down after mandatory Evac are ordered, 1 is not.

Josh, if you are driving in from nyc..... you can avoid all bridges and get to some good chase spots.

Take 95 to the foxwoods exit..then follow the signs to westerly and that will take you to route 1.... follow that to 1a and narrangansett is easy to get to from there.

Awesome-- I looked on the map and I see what you're describing. Thanks for the tip!

With thunderstorms in the forecast for W. NE tomorrow the upper tributaries of the Ct River will be primed up and then to get a potential 4-8" of rain in a short period from Irene. Wow. Look out below on the lower Ct River. Not good.

Here is the historical high water marks for the Ct in S. Hadley, Ma. The 38 hurricane is the middle mark.

Really? What about 1a towards narragansett beach? I've never seen that area closed.

I think you might be confused. RT 1 runs between Narragansett and Westerly. RT 1A in Westerly, AKA Shore road, will most certainly be closed in the event of an evacuation. RT 1 is an evacuation route so i doubt that local and state officials would shut it down

Archived