12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
8.13-8.15 rain and storm event

Ian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the way it has been over here this summer. We have been a rain hole, maybe me buying the gauge is helping. :whistle::lol:

You're under the same Raindome as I am in Sharpsburg. AMAZINGLY--we got a storm yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm that dumped 1.7 inches. Have gotten maybe 2/10ths from the passing storms this morning. I'll take whatever I can get at this point.:thumbsup:

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC 1039 AM EDT SUN AUG 14 2011

BREAKS IN CLOUDS WILL EXPAND EAST INTO EARLY AFTERNOON...AND WILL SUPPORT SOME HEATING FOR POTENTIALLY UP TO 1500 J/KG OF CAPE. THIS AT THE SAME TIME THAT A SHORTWAVE APPROACHES FROM THE WEST AND MID LEVEL WIND FIELDS INCREASE AROUND THE BASE OF THE LARGER SCALE TROUGH OVER THE OHIO VALLEY. THE RESULT WILL BE AN UPTICK IN SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON. GIVEN THE ABOVE...THERE WILL BE A SEVERE RISK FOR DAMAGING WIND GUSTS. AND IF SUPERCELLS CAN MATERIALIZE...CANT RULE OUT AN ISOLATED TORNADO EITHER. IN ADDITION...GIVEN THE HIGH PRECIPITABLE WATER ENVIRONMENT...HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE A RISK WHICH COULD RESULT IN FLASH FLOODING. SOME AREAS ARE ALREADY MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO DUE HEAVY RAINFALL WHICH HAS OCCURRED OVER THE LAST 24 HOURS. FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 FOR MOST AREAS EAST OF THE BLUE RIGE EXCEPT SOUTHERN MARYLAND.

sun has been peeking through in Frederick for the last 20 min. One nice thing about living here...I can always schedule a golf round without fear of it being rained out! lol

It is crazy to see the difference in 25 miles. I'm driving through Montgomery County yesterday and lawns are plush green. I get back to Frederick and they are 80% brown.

Pretty sweet to get almost no rain for months and then get 6 inches in 30 minutes that floods your garage and runs in a river down to the storm drain.

I LOVE IT!!

Back to our regularly scheduled drought.

You always get the purples.

Total bust for Dc/NOVA regions. Like MsTransplant, said Baltimore north got it all, just like last winter. F this hobby. Sun has been out for a few hours now here. 80 degrees. What a joke.

Northern stream Coastal transfers are rarely super kind DC south.

Archived