amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
8.13-8.15 rain and storm event

Ian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern stream Coastal transfers are rarely super kind DC south.

That I understand but only .08 in the last 2 days? Why would they issue a FFW for the county here then? and all the talk of all this rain the media has been talking about the last few days. Oh well, it is the area we live in

That I understand but only .08 in the last 2 days? Why would they issue a FFW for the county here then? and all the talk of all this rain the media has been talking about the last few days. Oh well, it is the area we live in

Dunno. Anomalous trough.. Summer moisture. I think it was always somewhat perilous especially out your way but models were consistent with a drenching till about last night. Not over yet I suppose but I'm not that psyched abou this afternoon.

Dunno. Anomalous trough.. Summer moisture. I think it was always somewhat perilous especially out your way but models were consistent with a drenching till about last night. Not over yet I suppose but I'm not that psyched abou this afternoon.

:thumbsdown: You rained on my parade.

You are never psyched... you are the less dramatic ray of this subforum :) hahaha

Dave, you can have my leaky kitchen window if you want?

If it comes with all the rain of late, sure. I knew I should have never done that landscaping earlier, I think I lost my magnolia tree and some day lilies already :thumbsdown:

Granted i wasnt watching every model run but there were a handful that had a decent amount of QPF from central VA up into southern PA, but that didnt materialize. And wasnt most of yesterdays rain more of a bonus situation more than what they were calling for? Wasnt the bulk supposed to start Saturday night and into all or most of today? Just weird how this system was the total opposite of what a lot where thinking would happen. Minus the Baltimore Md people and northeastward. This is like Dec 26 redux but in liquid form lol

:thumbsdown: You rained on my parade.

Well I'm sitting in a theater on my iPhone so I dont really know what's going on. Could be OK.. Think the trough is a little to close, usually wanto be a bit further east of the axis. We'll see.

If it comes with all the rain of late, sure. I knew I should have never done that landscaping earlier, I think I lost my magnolia tree and some day lilies already :thumbsdown:

Granted i wasnt watching every model run but there were a handful that had a decent amount of QPF from central VA up into southern PA, but that didnt materialize. And wasnt most of yesterdays rain more of a bonus situation more than what they were calling for? Wasnt the bulk supposed to start Saturday night and into all or most of today? Just weird how this system was the total opposite of what a lot where thinking would happen. Minus the Baltimore Md people and northeastward. This is like Dec 26 redux but in liquid form lol

Yeah.. Front running wave yday... Kinda bonus.

Archived