e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
8.13-8.15 rain and storm event

Ian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we are! Going to get rocked, just took video to upload of it coming in. Lightning is insane! Will post as soon as it uploads if I don't loose power.

Looks like from the bridge in your photo you are just south of me on the Pike. I am in Wellington Trace.

If my cat is any forecaster of weather, this is a bad one coming in. He has seeked shelter in the basement!

Ok here is the video. Taken about 15 min. ago. Still on the fringe of the storm, seems to be taking a long time to get here. Still have a light show going on though. Ok cannot get it to embed...

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/mdjoneses/Storm%20shots/?action=view¤t=100_0034.mp4

To top it off the moon is rising and it is orange with clouds scattered across it. Absolutely surreal with all the lightning.

Just saw lightning fly out of a storm to the East, have never seen that before, seemed to traved 10 miles across the sky. Thunder was almost non-existant yet it seemed so close.

Also frequent lightning to the NW seems to be increasing lately.

Thunder very loud and plentiful here.

With Gr2AE it has very heavy cores of very efficient rain making process. Expect some high 1hr rates.

Thing is crawling along too. If it doesn't start to die out might get a warning for flooding here soon.

Also @Bethesda - I know that but still - it's super loud here.

Hang in there. If you are in Leesburg, I still like your chances.

Getting some light rains, some dampness on the sidewalks, but lightning has been impressive to my NW, a few rumbles of thunder now

We are getting the last tiny batch of storms just to the west of Leesburg, if it wasnt for that heading this way, this would have been laughable for sure

Archived