12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
8.13-8.15 rain and storm event

Ian

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BWI says "what rain?" 0.04" at the ASOS this morning.

post-96-0-82306100-1313415240.gif

I'm pretty sure at least two of my coworkers wished it hadnt rained downtown. I know 295 is completely closed after the beltway heading towards the city. 95 and 395 are at a standstill.

BTW, about 1 3/4 inches here this evening. Much needed, and much appreciated.

Wow, good for you. I have a coworker who lives in cross junction just below the state line and got 2.5 inches yesterday evening from two separate rounds.

I got .01" yesterday eveining, and another .02" overnight, ground is/was bone-dry under every bush and tree. Just incredible. I don't know what it will take for us to get even a hint of decent rain here. How this place isn't covered in sand and cactii is beyond me.

Yesterday's rain and tstms totally fooked with my fligh from Detroit back to BWI. BWI doing construction on 2 out of 3 runways made it worse. Flight was delayed for 6 hours :axe::gun_bandana:

my dad got stuck there for 5 hrs yesterday outbound.

my dad got stuck there for 5 hrs yesterday outbound.

The Southwest folks in Detroit said BWI had 6" of rain before the evening round of tstms came in. Apparently those 6" didn't fall into the ASOS bucket. :arrowhead:

We actually boarded and were less than 5 mins to takeoff when BWI put a ground stop on all departures leaving for BWI. We sat on the tarmac for 1.5 hours, then got off the plane, reboarded and finally landed in the middle of a tstm at 11:15pm. We were supposed to land at 5:10pm.

Absolutely miserable...especially since this was the first time my wife and I had left our kids overnight (Saturday) and we promised to be back by bedtime on Sunday.

I got .04 recorded for this entire event. I was expecting much more.

Yeah, I got a whopping .05 since Friday. Still bone dry. It never rained hard enough to get through my tree foliage in the back yard to even dampen the ground. Here's to looking forward to this afternoon.

Anyone know of a radar site that allows you to zoom down to see local streets? I.e, NWS radar shows the major roads, but I want a site that shows progressively more (local) roads when you zoom in. Thought wunderground did this, but I don't see it.

Anyone know of a radar site that allows you to zoom down to see local streets? I.e, NWS radar shows the major roads, but I want a site that shows progressively more (local) roads when you zoom in. Thought wunderground did this, but I don't see it.

I have a couple apps for the home iPad that layer the radar onto google. Not sure what is available PC wise.

if you use wundermap on there, you can zoom in

Archived