northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last nights rain partially flooded my basement studio....water *just* came short of 11k in equipment. :yikes: Interesting because we've had much heavier rain and flooding events with no water at all down there, so I'm a little concerned and confused.

Any ideas how to easily and inexpensively get water out of waterlogged carpeting?

That's weird you mention that because I had some water seeping though in my basement too last night. At first I was thinking leaking pipes or condensation from all the humidity but it has since stopped so I'm a bit confused as well.

Yeah that would be a good investment.

Shop vacs are always nice to just have because they come in handy more than you think. Plus you can grab one of the smaller versions for under a hundred dollars and they work pretty well compared to the larger shop vacs. But yeah definitely would go for the rental on the blowers.

That's weird you mention that because I had some water seeping though in my basement too last night. At first I was thinking leaking pipes or condensation from all the humidity but it has since stopped so I'm a bit confused as well.

weird.

I know this is long range GFS, h360 to be specific, but does anyone think the huge heights verify again towards the middle of the month? Man I hope not as this summer has been warm enough, especially for places in the central US.

Some of the ensembles hint at this too. I think it's possible that some warmth sneaks in here, but whether or not it's prolonged or just for a day or two, is up for grabs.

Shop vacs are always nice to just have because they come in handy more than you think. Plus you can grab one of the smaller versions for under a hundred dollars and they work pretty well compared to the larger shop vacs. But yeah definitely would go for the rental on the blowers.

They are also great for cleaning your car, nothing like being able to sort through your car's papers and odds+ends in the driveway while you vacuum.

I know this is long range GFS, h360 to be specific, but does anyone think the huge heights verify again towards the middle of the month? Man I hope not as this summer has been warm enough, especially for places in the central US.

I am inherently suspicious of that large of a +NAO vortex this summer.

I am mostly a vegetarian, eat some seafood, but there are plenty of farms that do humanely raised meat. Especially in New England/Vermont, these type of grass-fed, small-time operations are all over the place. It's more expensive, but you are putting food in a farmer's mouth. If it comes down to buying fresh, local venison or tofu that's been trucked 2000 miles and then stored on a supermarket shelf for a week, what do you do?

Last comment because to me it's highly personal. The biggest issue with corporate livestock in this country is poultry and pork. Thanks to the elevation of awareness by many including Temple Grandin, it is not as bad for cattle.....until the moment of truth arrives. For me, taking the life of a living sentient being in or just past adolescence is morally unacceptable and as such I choose vegetarianism. So while I sympathize with people doing what they feel is moral and good, it doesn't match my personal ethic so the choice is a no brainer. I actually don't like tofu all that much. But beans are high in protein with many native to New England and nearby areas.

Looks like a ho hum wx period.....BOS had nearly 2 inches in a short time last night...impressive! GOAK ....keep your eye on it.

Last comment because to me it's highly personal. The biggest issue with corporate livestock in this country is poultry and pork. Thanks to the elevation of awareness by many including Temple Grandin, it is not as bad for cattle.....until the moment of truth arrives. For me, taking the life of a living sentient being in or just past adolescence is morally unacceptable and as such I choose vegetarianism. So while I sympathize with people doing what they feel is moral and good, it doesn't match my personal ethic so the choice is a no brainer. I actually don't like tofu all that much. But beans are high in protein with many native to New England and nearby areas.

Looks like a ho hum wx period.....BOS had nearly 2 inches in a short time last night...impressive! GOAK ....keep your eye on it.

With me it's another issue (as well as the humane treatment of animals-- which is also important.) I dislike the fact that they inject these animals with hormones and antibiotics, as much as I dislike the pesticides used on certain vegetables. All have been proven to cause metabolic disorders or other even more serious concerns (birth defects, staph or e coli infections or even parkinsons or leukemia, depending on the amount of exposure.)

Archived