joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting to that boring time of year now, severe wx threats quickly begin to wane and there really isn't much interesting going on in our neck of the woods. You always hope for some excitement from a tropical threat. Looks like yet another boring upcoming week coming up, chance for a few storms tomorrow and fairly warm and humid throughout the week.

Looks like a nice week upcoming here in the highlands. No dreaded 80's, all 70's all the time. Looks like a few days later in the period struggle to hit 70. Perfect.

Monday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Monday Night: Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Light north wind.

Tuesday: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tuesday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2am, then showers likely between 2am and 3am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 3am. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 61. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Patchy fog before 7pm, then Patchy fog between 9pm and 1am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 55.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

AC FTW, Must suck to have the IVY down there in swamp azz conditions.

don't get me started on my IVY!!! i think i'm going to have to burn my clothes...i keep getting new patches popping up and i haven't worked in it in three days...it's probably on my steering well as well...how the hell do i get it off that??? the IVY oil can last up to 100yrs...i can't just flipping burn my car...

so yes, with this humidity, it sucks to have the IVY!!!

don't get me started on my IVY!!! i think i'm going to have to burn my clothes...i keep getting new patches popping up and i haven't worked in it in three days...it's probably on my steering well as well...how the hell do i get it off that??? the IVY oil can last up to 100yrs...i can't just flipping burn my car...

Salt water, get to the beach, seriously.

Take some Benadryl, one thing you might want to try is an Aveeno/oatmeal bath, you can also use the juices from jewelweed to treat the burning sensation.

My mom and I have had poison ivy several times, not fun, but I wouldn't obsess over the urushiol remaining on things like the car. That doesn't usually happen much.

Fallacy too, the oil is not over everything , the IVY is in your blood stream, swimming in salt water and letting it dry always worked for me when I was highly allergic.

Fallacy too, the oil is not over everything , the IVY is in your blood stream, swimming in salt water and letting it dry always worked for me when I was highly allergic.

i would think it's circulating in my lymphatic system and not my blood stream...

and the IVY oils do remain on objects such as tools, shoes clothes, steering wheels...etc...

i have two different types of washes that bind with the ivy oil so it can washed off the skin...i wash with that twice a day...and it also helps with the insatiable burning itch...if i lived closer to the beach i would go...but i could make up my own saltwater solution and apply it after i used the body washes...

anyway...looks like the dry air finally gets here for thursday!!! can't flippin wait!!

That's probably immaterial. I had some poison ivy a few weeks ago, and it took almost precisely three and a half days for the rash to appear. I started itching Sat night and knew for a fact that exposure had been Wed morning.

Anyway, you probably don't need to be paranoid about the oil being all over everything, since what you reported is consistent with just having gotten it off the plant.

i would think it's circulating in my lymphatic system and not my blood stream...

and the IVY oils do remain on objects such as tools, shoes clothes, steering wheels...etc...

i have two different types of washes that bind with the ivy oil so it can washed off the skin...i wash with that twice a day...and it also helps with the insatiable burning itch...if i lived closer to the beach i would go...but i could make up my own saltwater solution and apply it after i used the body washes...

anyway...looks like the dry air finally gets here for thursday!!! can't flippin wait!!

It's not just the salt in the ocean water, yea it's in your Bloodstream.

Getting to that boring time of year now, severe wx threats quickly begin to wane and there really isn't much interesting going on in our neck of the woods. You always hope for some excitement from a tropical threat. Looks like yet another boring upcoming week coming up, chance for a few storms tomorrow and fairly warm and humid throughout the week.

There's a little secondary max in early Sept for severe, iirc. We could still get that rogue event filled of high-base storms with killer lightning, gusty winds and 6 drops of rain, like in the desert SW. :D

There's a little secondary max in early Sept for severe, iirc. We could still get that rogue event filled of high-base storms with killer lightning, gusty winds and 6 drops of rain, like in the desert SW. :D

September is the time when we can get some of those low-topped squall lines in those low cape/high shear setups...these can sometimes be fun but nothing beats convection we can get during the summer IMO.

AS long though as we stay in this pattern with above normal temps and high dews we should still have a few more chances in the tank. Eventually we're going to start seeing some strong cold fronts come through with strong s/w's and better jet energy as well.

Archived