joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how the cell that rolled into BOS looked. Pretty cool. And you're right...boundaries are everywhere..lol.

post-33-0-10562300-1312836645.gif

At second glance, there is actually an area of 30kt 0-6km shear once you get down to Cape Cod, so no wonder that storm blew up near MVY!

post-1711-0-10783600-1312836828.png

Joe, do you know how many SVR's have been issued for MVY this year? I think this might be the 5th one..lol. Jeez.

You're close! We've issued 6 so far...

3 on June 8/9 (late night and afternoon)

1 on July 23

1 on August 2

1 on August 8

LOL, the ICT of Southern New England this year. I didn't realize 3 were issued on June 8/th. Wow.

Yeah - the first one was issued at 1052 pm (8th) and the second at 242 am (9th), That was for storms that produced large hail/wind...Providence had reports of golf ball hail and many trees down. Only had a report of penny size hail from Tisbury at 253 am.

I posed this in the ice thread in the CG forum, but check this out.

Look how the -NAO has said a big fook you to the models. This thing has remained much more negative than models predicting it.

post-33-0-42577600-1312817421.gif

It also goes to show you how models can break down patterns too quickly. I like to think that patterns in the atmosphere, especially during the middle of the winter or summer, will tend to remain stable unless something comes along and really gives it the heave-ho. BTW, I wouldn't imply anything to the winter from this, just showing you how stable its been.

Just for the hell of it, even the 12z EC depiction of the NAO ensemble mean has dropped by a fair share, from 12z yesterday.

That was some crazy rains coming down i-495. Some of the heaviest I have seen in some time. People were pulled over on the left and right. Crazy!

Looks like the worst has pat now. Will have to see what the total comes in at. I think the second round missed TAN to the west. I think it's close to 1.25".

More to come tomorrow :thumbsup:.

Some of the most spectacular CB cloud imagery today since last summer. Crispy clear air next to turrets. Unfortunately... I was stuck at the office so didn't have a chance to set up the video cam.

Has anyone ever on a whim tried to correlated solar activity/cycles with the Stock Market... ? Was there a solar min during the other crashes in history ?

NCEP's hung up on over exaggerating the a long wave configuration that resemble winter in their middle range. They are wrong. Most indices that matter in August are abruptly opposing that signal enough to argue that it winds up flatter and more transient.

NAO recovers over +2SD from nadir heading now through D10. Could be significant late season run in with above normals up coming.

The Roundy Probabilities product has a robust area of positive anomaly activity in the CV route starting now through Sept 1. Not much out there to monitor, though the wave farther east is okay -

Hiking Tucekerman's today to MTW. Should be a great day for it with no clouds. Tomorrow looks kind of MHE..but Thurs/Fri look great. Def lucked out up here this week. Canoed the Saco yesterday under sunny skies and temps in the mid-upper 80's

Glad you got the good weather for the trip. Have fun at Tuckerman's. You should go back with skis some day.

56/56, looks nice here through mid month although Saturday's high is forecast to rise to a very hot 78. lol Whew! Just a blistering sizzlicious month.

Just brutal out to your west also with the "highest high" for the next 7 days of 76° today. A scorching 69° forcast high on Thursday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=bgm&FcstType=text&zmx=1&zmy=1&site=BGM&map.x=263&map.y=126

56/56, looks nice here through mid month although Saturday's high is forecast to rise to a very hot 78. lol Whew! Just a blistering sizzlicious month.

Yup--should be a great day for The Bridge of Flowers 10K on Saturday. Highly recommended for anyone who likes a good 10K. One of the best race hills you'll find outside of the MTW roadrace. Well worth the trip to GC.

Meanwhile, I hope the rain doesn't pull the old screwgie today/tomorrow that the weekend non-event did. I don't want to have to water anything.

The heat has been relentless.

Lol. In spite of the lack of rain, the grass has been a lush green all summer. I have watered the vegetables and pumpkins, however.

And--who says you shouldn't grow grass in the summer? I think the most full areas of my lawn is the section that I reseeded after excavating for the deck. I planted it right after the 4th of July and it's loved this incessant heat.

Hiking Tucekerman's today to MTW. Should be a great day for it with no clouds. Tomorrow looks kind of MHE..but Thurs/Fri look great. Def lucked out up here this week. Canoed the Saco yesterday under sunny skies and temps in the mid-upper 80's

It's gonna pour there tonight, but hopefully out of there by late morning.

Some of the most spectacular CB cloud imagery today since last summer. Crispy clear air next to turrets. Unfortunately... I was stuck at the office so didn't have a chance to set up the video cam.

Has anyone ever on a whim tried to correlated solar activity/cycles with the Stock Market... ? Was there a solar min during the other crashes in history ?

NCEP's hung up on over exaggerating the a long wave configuration that resemble winter in their middle range. They are wrong. Most indices that matter in August are abruptly opposing that signal enough to argue that it winds up flatter and more transient.

NAO recovers over +2SD from nadir heading now through D10. Could be significant late season run in with above normals up coming.

The Roundy Probabilities product has a robust area of positive anomaly activity in the CV route starting now through Sept 1. Not much out there to monitor, though the wave farther east is okay -

I think the NAO has a very tough time getting to neutral over the next two weeks. CPC NAO progs barely get it above 0, and the EC progs never even get it to 0, and have it stay in the negative territory the whole time. It get more or less neutral next week, thanks to the vortex near Greenland, but after that weak ridging takes over near Greenland and the Davis Straits. They'll be farming in Greenland if this keeps up, like they did 600 years ago.

Yup--should be a great day for The Bridge of Flowers 10K on Saturday. Highly recommended for anyone who likes a good 10K. One of the best race hills you'll find outside of the MTW roadrace. Well worth the trip to GC.

Meanwhile, I hope the rain doesn't pull the old screwgie today/tomorrow that the weekend non-event did. I don't want to have to water anything.

Let's see, sunday was 100% chance of rain here and nothing. Yesterday was 70% chance of rain, nothing. Today and tonight are 60%, 90%. I'm not real confident.

To be fair, 78 is probably above normal for your elevation and heavily forested area, and for normal lows I imagine they're at least down to the mid-50s now. When you say the high is 78 and the low is 56, you're essentially confirming litchfieldlibation's above normal stats as that combo of high and low is around a +1.5-2 mean departure for your area which is in line with the departures measured at the major climate sites. I would guess that a below normal day at this point would require a mean temp of less than 66.

Archived