joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would think it's circulating in my lymphatic system and not my blood stream...

and the IVY oils do remain on objects such as tools, shoes clothes, steering wheels...etc...

i have two different types of washes that bind with the ivy oil so it can washed off the skin...i wash with that twice a day...and it also helps with the insatiable burning itch...if i lived closer to the beach i would go...but i could make up my own saltwater solution and apply it after i used the body washes...

anyway...looks like the dry air finally gets here for thursday!!! can't flippin wait!!

Bummer D., first thing to do is learn to identify poison ivy and never ever roll around in it. I'm always surprised that people don't know what it looks like (not that you don't). Whatever clothes you were wearing toss (you can wash them but if they were just work clothes why risk contamination.) Don't forget your boot or shoelaces as these are sometimes the part of your clothing that gets covered with the most oil. If the poison ivy is really driving you nuts and it's in multiple spots go to the doctor and get a prescription for Predinisone (sp?). The steroids willl knock it out in a hurry. I've done lots of land clearing and encounter PI often. I haven't had it in years mostly because I'm so parenoid about getting it I steer well clear of it. Some of the old timers I know would poor a little gas on the rash, they swore it got rid of it quickly, I wouldn't do that. I did try one remedy that while initially a bit painful did work well, Bleach. Poured straight bleach on my legs once in a fit of rage. It hurt but the rash was gone in 24hrs. Don't do that one either. My uncle had a patient he would see every year with a bad case of poison ivy. One year she said "every time we have a picnic I get poison ivy." It turns out the blanket they used for picnics was the culprit. It was never washed and each year the oil was waiting to cause misery. Last good one I have is I had a kid that worked for me about 20 yrs ago tell me he wasn't allergic to it. To emphasize the point he grabbed a handful of poison ivy and rubbed it on his face. He ended up in the hospital.lol Sorry you got dosed, it's miserable, especially in this weather. Good luck.

Sucks, but that's usually how these hot above normal summers work..late Aug into Sept is a full on humid torch

lol.

Today...Partly sunny. A chance of showers with isolated thunderstorms. Areas of fog this morning. Locally heavy rainfall possible this afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight...Partly cloudy. Areas of fog. Scattered showers in the evening. Lows in the lower 60s. North winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Tuesday...Partly sunny. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Northeast winds around 5 mph...becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Tuesday Night...Showers likely. Patchy fog. Humid with lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Wednesday...Showers likely. Patchy fog. Humid with highs in the mid 70s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Wednesday Night...Showers likely. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Thursday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.

Thursday Night And Friday...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Highs in the mid 70s.

Friday Night...Clear. Lows in the mid 50s.

Saturday...Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Saturday Night And Sunday...Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 60s. Highs in the mid 70s.

You think? Last year had a decent pattern for a little while but we got nada

Well southeast coast, anyway. Of course the odds up here or even the m/a are pretty remote even with a decent pattern. What do you think for this tropical season?

70/68 now . Just a few AC clouds and HZ at the moment.

Man, that S/W CF passage thursday looks really nice!

Then I want a LW trof to set up just West to draw the Tropical Cyclones UP the coast and not pivot ENE until after a BOS latitude passage. Thats all I want.. not asking for Much.

:guitar:

Well southeast coast, anyway. Of course the odds up here or even the m/a are pretty remote even with a decent pattern. What do you think for this tropical season?

Not sure. Hard to see how the pattern will develop in September would like to see some awful, blocky, cut-off pattern by last week in August with signs of continuing.

Probably more like blue ball recurves for us.

pretty much...Gawx helped me find the daily NAOs since 1950. 24 out of the 92 days of the August to October period last year had positive NAOs while 68 had negative NAOs. The average NAO for prime "SNE Hurricane Season" was -0.47. Something could have slipped in, but in general, the overall pattern was not favorable. I remember Earl having to deal with significant Nova Scotia height compression and -NAO block.

pretty much...Gawx helped me find the daily NAOs since 1950. 24 out of the 92 days of the August to October period last year had positive NAOs while 68 had negative NAOs. The average NAO for prime "SNE Hurricane Season" was -0.47. Something could have slipped in, but in general, the overall pattern was not favorable. I remember Earl having to deal with significant Nova Scotia height compression and -NAO block.

I think you mentioned this before, but it's better to have a -NAO transitioning to + NAO correct? I think some think a -NAO is good because in general they have troughing in the GL or northeast region. Our canes have come with highly anomalous troughing in the GL or OV region so maybe that's why some like the -NAO. I thought our storms of '54 came with a -NAO as well, but maybe it was in transition, or the block was in a prime location. I think location of these blocks are very important as well...it's the same when it comes to winter storms.

I think you mentioned this before, but it's better to have a -NAO transitioning to + NAO correct? I think some think a -NAO is good because in general they have troughing in the GL or northeast region. Our canes have come with highly anomalous troughing in the GL or OV region so maybe that's why some like the -NAO. I thought our storms of '54 came with a -NAO as well, but maybe it was in transition, or the block was in a prime location. I think location of these blocks are very important as well...it's the same when it comes to winter storms.

Well, I'm still looking at the data...since I didn't have the dailies before. I suspected the a transition from -NAO to +NAO was more favorable. Hurricane Carol had a positive NAO that was increasing from negative but Edna and Hazel had a negative NAO.

I'm looking at all the East Coast landfalls to see if there is some sort of decent signal.

Well, I'm still looking at the data...since I didn't have the dailies before. I suspected the a transition from -NAO to +NAO was more favorable. Hurricane Carol had a positive NAO that was increasing from negative but Edna and Hazel had a negative NAO.

I'm looking at all the East Coast landfalls to see if there is some sort of decent signal.

I recall DT doing a presentation at one of the conferences talking about east coast land-falling hurricanes. Besides having the deep trough, you also needed a big ridge of high pressure out in the Atl to block any recurve.

I recall DT doing a presentation at one of the conferences talking about east coast land-falling hurricanes. Besides having the deep trough, you also needed a big ridge of high pressure out in the Atl to block any recurve.

yeah i have the mean 5h pattern saved...see if i can dig it up.

average of the some of the biggies we like to reference

post-218-0-30373000-1312811146.jpg

does look like maybe some drying trying to work in from the north - hoping to see some sun just to mix out this crap. kevin always talks about swampazz....this is swampazz weather....when it's 73/73 with drizzle.

Yeah I think I have a better shot here in BOS than say GHG where I was going to go. Oh well. No fog at home, just cloudy now. I'll give it a couple of hours.

I posed this in the ice thread in the CG forum, but check this out.

Look how the -NAO has said a big fook you to the models. This thing has remained much more negative than models predicting it.

post-33-0-42577600-1312817421.gif

It also goes to show you how models can break down patterns too quickly. I like to think that patterns in the atmosphere, especially during the middle of the winter or summer, will tend to remain stable unless something comes along and really gives it the heave-ho. BTW, I wouldn't imply anything to the winter from this, just showing you how stable its been.

Archived