Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing we can be sure of..His leaves are not changing. there is zero color up hee in the Whites..Not even one tree. So any posts about leaves changing are false

So Moneypitmike, Birving, Mainejayhawk and I are all lying when we say that a transition in the color of the forests is underway? Stressed trees do have color and the lush green of early summer has given way to the late summer hue of yellow/green the precursor to the real change to start only weeks from now. Not even one tree, please.

Last day up here today and we sadly head home tomorrow. Very very depressing. Lucked out with the wx. Very little rain up here the whole week..and almost all of itwas at nite

Yeah it worked out well, luckily. Couple of days with clouds, but that's fine. I always feel sad leaving. I love it up there.

We certainly got a ton of rain while you were gone. Your yard should be just fine. More coming later Sunday through Tuesday.

Last day up here today and we sadly head home tomorrow. Very very depressing. Lucked out with the wx. Very little rain up here the whole week..and almost all of itwas at nite

Yeah, I'd be really bummed to leave a cool mountain environment to go back to the hell that is CT. Sorry.

So Moneypitmike, Birving, Mainejayhawk and I are all lying when we say that a transition in the color of the forests is underway? Stressed trees do have color and the lush green of early summer has given way to the late summer hue of yellow/green the precursor to the real change to start only weeks from now. Not even one tree, please.

lol ... Kev doesn't want to admit his sizzle summer is stepping out the door.

No not one. I have been all over the Whites..driving over them almost daily and hiking to the summit of MTW doing long 5-10 mile runs in the morning etc... I did not see one tree changing color..Not even close. Your exaggerations have been exposed

How can you have any stressed trees in this cold, wet, well below normal summer you've had?

Yeah it worked out well, luckily. Couple of days with clouds, but that's fine. I always feel sad leaving. I love it up there.

We certainly got a ton of rain while you were gone. Your yard should be just fine. More coming later Sunday through Tuesday.

From the looks of that qpf map..I've had 4-5 inches of rain since I left. I mowed 2 days before we left..so lawn will be a jungle

From the looks of that qpf map..I've had 4-5 inches of rain since I left. I mowed 2 days before we left..so lawn will be a jungle

Yeah that's about what I've had. Some areas near or just over 6". Heavy heavy rain.

Is it chilly out there? It looks like some cloud cover kept temps from free-falling.

I have a few yellowing stressed trees such as the elms that are always getting some of the dutch elm fungus unfortunately. That doesn't really count as true leaf change though. :)

The Whites will start to see see first hints of the real thing in about three or four weeks tops.

Evidently there is not a single stressed tree in the state of NH. He totally ignores the supportive posts of you,MPM and BIrving.

So close. Low of 51F for TAN.

Same here... 51.4F for a low

I looked at the trees when I walked my dog just now. Oaks and maples are still fully green, but the birches are starting to yellow. I even saw a few of their leaves fall and there is leaf debris uner them in my backyard.

Fall is still a few weeks away, but it is coming

ORH at +2.5 after yesterday. Down from +2.9, today should help lower that, too

I dread my days working in the city when the subways are absurdly hot like that. I normally need to go down there a few days a month and can't imagine doing it daily. Last summer I probably lost business because I refused to go near the place in the worst of the heat. This year there have been enough breaks that I avoided the worst down there each time.

Low of 61 here this morning. Even the subway wasn't 120 degrees.

How can you say that? It's clear that Fall is fully underway in God's Country. First flakes by Labor Day.

You're getting has bad as Kevin. Nobody, not even me, has said its fall. The only assertion put forward is that the signs of the close of summer are appearing.ItSs tough for you lowland city folk to tell because you live in a different world.

There's still 6-8 weeks left of warm weather, even in GC. Looking at a composite of eight stations within 25 miles of West Chesterfield at elevations of 1110-1610 feet (+/- 300ft of ski MRG's 1350ft elevation), the average number of days with highs at 70+ on or after Sept. 1st is 19.

this is the time of year where the urban heat islands really skew reality for climate records. Boston only dropped to 66 last night while the greater majority of the populace had middle 50s

I guarantee you MRG has been above average for his location for this month and last just like everyone else. To claim it's been cool is nonsense.

You're getting has bad as Kevin. Nobody, not even me, has said its fall. The only assertion put forward is that the signs of the close of summer are appearing.ItSs tough for you lowland city folk to tell because you live in a different world.

I'm not a torch mongerer by any means...just statin' the facts. Your time will come...your first frost seems to occur around mid to late September.

Well a lot of that 70+ is probably 70-74F and IMO that is early Autumn wx...The lows on those days are nice and cool.

There's still 6-8 weeks left of warm weather, even in GC. Looking at a composite of eight stations within 25 miles of West Chesterfield at elevations of 1110-1610 feet (+/- 300ft of ski MRG's 1350ft elevation), the average number of days with highs at 70+ on or after Sept. 1st is 19.

Archived