Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dog days are done. I don't see any foreseeable torch. If anything, looks like it could be a little wet and perhaps humid...but I'm not so sure about hot temps.

Yeah exactly..just warm, moist, humid and swampazzy for the foreseeable future. No torch..but nothing remotely cool...Wet and humid..like the past few weeks have been

Yeah exactly..just warm, moist, humid and swampazzy for the foreseeable future. No torch..but nothing remotely cool...Wet and humid..like the past few weeks have been

Monday will be cool... but other than that pretty close to avg temp wise for a while. My pool has been too cold to swim in since we returned... blech

Yup, America is a wonderful place to live. Well, maybe not NJ, but most of the rest of it. lol Having an awesome summer up here Joe. This weekend is full of family and friends. Golfed this afternoon with my friend that's down from AK. Had a BBQ when we got home. Played croquet with my daughter and made SUPER SIZED BUBBLES.lol Great to hear kids laugh and run around the yard (unlike Kev I let kids play on the lawn). All of us should be thankful we live here in the good ol' USA. One of the reasons I live in a rural setting is the easy laid back attitude people have. We wave at each other when we pass on the road. We all have a key to our post office (stamps 24/7). No anonymity here. Glad you had fun on the vacation. That's over now though, time to work for another year.lol

NJ has some wonderful areas....not seen from the TPKE

62/59, -rn, a high of 65 (62 @ 2k). Pools to cold to swim in, highs struggling to make it to the mid 60's here in the heart of August, heavy rainfall. Yet, somehow the Warministas think we're experiencing uncomfortable warm summer weather. Wow, talk about delusional.

Seems like more and more people are starting to accept it Pete. Haven't been able to swim in my pool in more than a week. I don't see how highs in the 60's or even low 70's in the heart of August with high humidity can be spun as warm. Ill take it though, if the weather we have been having lately is warm then I guess warm weather isn't so bad.

More and more trees turning their colors now, went up to Loudon, NH today (got free luxury box tickets to the Indy race) and there were a good amount of trees changing, a few looked like they were stressed/drying but there were also a couple healthy looking trees changing too.

Obviously im not trying to spin it that summer's over, just that the clock is ticking and the signs are becoming more and more evident.

Yup, America is a wonderful place to live. Well, maybe not NJ, but most of the rest of it. lol Having an awesome summer up here Joe. This weekend is full of family and friends. Golfed this afternoon with my friend that's down from AK. Had a BBQ when we got home. Played croquet with my daughter and made SUPER SIZED BUBBLES.lol Great to hear kids laugh and run around the yard (unlike Kev I let kids play on the lawn). All of us should be thankful we live here in the good ol' USA. One of the reasons I live in a rural setting is the easy laid back attitude people have. We wave at each other when we pass on the road. We all have a key to our post office (stamps 24/7). No anonymity here. Glad you had fun on the vacation. That's over now though, time to work for another year.lol

Really? You have a key to the post office?

Seems like more and more people are starting to accept it Pete. Haven't been able to swim in my pool in more than a week. I don't see how highs in the 60's or even low 70's in the heart of August with high humidity can be spun as warm. Ill take it though, if the weather we have been having lately is warm then I guess warm weather isn't so bad.

More and more trees turning their colors now, went up to Loudon, NH today (got free luxury box tickets to the Indy race) and there were a good amount of trees changing, a few looked like they were stressed/drying but there were also a couple healthy looking trees changing too.

Obviously im not trying to spin it that summer's over, just that the clock is ticking and the signs are becoming more and more evident.

Glad there are at least a few people that are in touch with reality.lol It's absolutely preposterous to say that this weather is anything but cool and rainy for mid August. Kevin said I was alone on this, wrong again. He's had a tough summer. The way the Cowboys look this year I don't hink Fall will be much better for him.

This weather is just the counterpoint to the big heat we had a month ago. Nature's little balancing act.

I'm loving cool and wet

No, no, remember, according to Blizz this is warm and uncomfortable weather. 50's and rain is warm and sticky because of all the humidity.lol We'll be 3/4 through the month without more than 1-2 days that were truly warm, not even hot, just warm.

60 residents? W Chesterfield is that small? That's out-west small. Thought it was a bigger town than that.

It's more like 10's of thousands of acres of state and federal wildlife management land dotted with a houses here and there. The center of West Chesterfield is really just a bridge over the Westfield River.lol No traffic lights, no stores, no malls, nothing but forest, fields, streams and lakes.

LOL, yup, as do all 60+ residents of W.Chesterfield that have PO Boxes. Although, to be honest it's rarely locked anyway.

We had that in Jonesville, VT, too... your PO Box key also opens the main door to the post office. Of course, you can only get to the PO Boxes as the rest of it is locked up.

You never knew when the place would be staffed... it sort of depended on what type of mood they were in that day and how long they felt like sitting there only to see 1 or 2 customers over the course of the day.

It's more like 10's of thousands of acres of state and federal wildlife management land dotted with a houses here and there. The center of West Chesterfield is really just a bridge over the Westfield River.lol No traffic lights, no stores, no malls, nothing but forest, fields, streams and lakes.

Looks pretty flat to me...

40513779.jpg

Here's my observation. Here in the Boston area the leaves look tired. Seed pods (that we used to put on our noses as kids) are turning brown and red. That's the first sign. Wx will be no jacket 24/7 here for a few more weeks and I expect we'll have one more torch. But mid 90s are probably done. We're driving to a big family reunion in SW MI....leaving Wednesday. Expecting pleasantly warm temps but nothing outlandish.

Here's my observation. Here in the Boston area the leaves look tired. Seed pods (that we used to put on our noses as kids) are turning brown and red. That's the first sign. Wx will be no jacket 24/7 here for a few more weeks and I expect we'll have one more torch. But mid 90s are probably done. We're driving to a big family reunion in SW MI....leaving Wednesday. Expecting pleasantly warm temps but nothing outlandish.

Oaks will have most of their leaves for another 3 months... Maples will start to change in about 2-3 weeks here. Just the lightest touches on some leaves then, blam.

Birches are already yellowing and dropping some leaves.

Hope the trip is pleasant.

This weather is just the counterpoint to the big heat we had a month ago. Nature's little balancing act.

I'm loving cool and wet

Oh, but only if it were cool. Had the central air on all day to get this oppressive air out of the house.

All kidding aside, im interested too about the balancing act you were talking about, it seems to happen often. That's one of the reasons I have trouble with the "average" temperature of a given location. The negative or positive departure that is. I wonder how much of an impact, not to say they would ever change the way averages are calculated, but if averages were done on a weekly time frame by taking highs and lows each day and dividing the total of each by seven to account for extremes. But I guess the issue with that would be which day of the week you started on and how they coincide with anomalies over the period of time where the obs were recorded.

That's a pic of a highland meadow @ about 1750' from last July. You're used to looking up at terrain above you because you live so low.

lol... I do have a ridge about a half mile away that is between 1250' and 1300'... not sure of the highest point in town ... probably a shade over 1300

Close enough to WaWa so I'm fine

Archived