• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

Everyday is like being on vacation here in GC. Always good to live where people want to vacation. I can turn you guys onto some sweet land to build on.lol

The great thing about this country is its geographical diversity, we all love different things, if not the world would be a boring place. My heart is already heavy, my family, friends and memories keep me going, along with my lifelong fetish for dendrites, the first of which I saw at age 3 (I believe) in Greenville South Carolina. I prefer a cold beer under the oaks and spanish moss at the local watering hole in the low country, a walk under the stars along the white sand beaches of Pawleys, or an afternoon of surfing, bocce and making drip castles accompanied by the refreshing se sea breeze on the beach. A place where people take the time to say hi, get to know one another, even if the conversation takes a little more time than you are used to.

The low country is full of history, revolutionary and civil war, things are a bit slower but the weather dictates that. Once again, my wife and kids were amazed how the check out line at the local piggly wiggly or other retail store often turned into a full blown conversation while the person in back of you waited patiently and often chimed in.

We live in a wonderful country, so diverse and full of culture, and full of patriots.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great thing about this country is its geographical diversity, we all love different things, if not the world would be a boring place. My heart is already heavy, my family, friends and memories keep me going, along with my lifelong fetish for dendrites, the first of which I saw at age 3 (I believe) in Greenville South Carolina. I prefer a cold beer under the oaks and spanish moss at the local watering hole in the low country, a walk under the stars along the white sand beaches of Pawleys, or an afternoon of surfing, bocce and making drip castles accompanied by the refreshing se sea breeze on the beach. A place where people take the time to say hi, get to know one another, even if the conversation takes a little more time than you are used to.

The low country is full of history, revolutionary and civil war, things are a bit slower but the weather dictates that. Once again, my wife and kids were amazed how the check out line at the local piggly wiggly or other retail store often turned into a full blown conversation while the person in back of you waited patiently and often chimed in.

We live in a wonderful country, so diverse and full of culture, and full of patriots.

Yup, America is a wonderful place to live. Well, maybe not NJ, but most of the rest of it. lol Having an awesome summer up here Joe. This weekend is full of family and friends. Golfed this afternoon with my friend that's down from AK. Had a BBQ when we got home. Played croquet with my daughter and made SUPER SIZED BUBBLES.lol Great to hear kids laugh and run around the yard (unlike Kev I let kids play on the lawn). All of us should be thankful we live here in the good ol' USA. One of the reasons I live in a rural setting is the easy laid back attitude people have. We wave at each other when we pass on the road. We all have a key to our post office (stamps 24/7). No anonymity here. Glad you had fun on the vacation. That's over now though, time to work for another year.lol

Great post...

Bring on the snow and get the heck outa my way

Yup, America is a wonderful place to live. Well, maybe not NJ, but most of the rest of it. lol Having an awesome summer up here Joe. This weekend is full of family and friends. Golfed this afternoon with my friend that's down from AK. Had a BBQ when we got home. Played croquet with my daughter and made SUPER SIZED BUBBLES.lol Great to hear kids laugh and run around the yard (unlike Kev I let kids play on the lawn). All of us should be thankful we live here in the good ol' USA. One of the reasons I live in a rural setting is the easy laid back attitude people have. We wave at each other when we pass on the road. We all have a key to our post office (stamps 24/7). No anonymity here. Glad you had fun on the vacation. That's over now though, time to work for another year.lol

I agree Pete, while Gods country and the low country of SC are worlds apart, its the people that make them special. It was awesome spending so much time with the kids the last couple weeks, the smiles and laughs are etched in my fabric, I had anxiety driving home knowing how much rain had fallen, I hope to work tomorrow at least a few hours. The next couple months will be insane, but thats why we appreciate vacation so much!

My dream would be 10.5 months of 90/77 with a se seabreeze on the beach back home and snow and 28 degrees from Nov 20 until Jan 10th in NE, snowing all day long, it never stops just dendrite after dendrite, no wind, big spotlight out back, kids sledding, big firepit and great laughs and times.

Glad you had fun, we just rolled in around 8, as usual the state of New Jersey almost ruined the vacation, NJTP was closed so had to take 287 which adds 40+ miles, traffic, state is a cesspool. Totally bummed out to be home, thankfully heading back to SC for Thanksgiving for a week and also April break for a week before the two week stint next August.

79/61

Meh

do you not have car accidents and road closers in ct? if you map out the route gsp would have been a ton better then getting on 287....gsp goes right to the tap

do you not have car accidents and road closers in ct? if you map out the route gsp would have been a ton better then getting on 287....gsp goes right to the tap

gsp on a sat night in the summer?? no thanks, hours of beach traffic, the roads in jerzey are pathetic................and now that they are doing road work expansion on the NJTP forget about it.:angry:

gsp on a sat night in the summer?? no thanks, hours of beach traffic, the roads in jerzey are pathetic................and now that they are doing road work expansion on the NJTP forget about it.:angry:

Poor Allrain, you offended him. I avoid NJ at all cost. Still, I end up going through there every year or two to get to Philly. Always a weird chemical smell.

Poor Allrain, you offended him. I avoid NJ at all cost. Still, I end up going through there every year or two to get to Philly. Always a weird chemical smell.

LOL speaking of chemical smells, why would you ever want to go to Philly :P

4.17 inches of rain here in 2.5 hours and still coming down hard!

Got home about 2:30 and unpacked, laundrty etc..then hit the yard around 4:00 since it looks wet by early tomorrow. Sucks to be home, but def my favorite vacation of all time..and we've been to the Whites the last 5 yrs. Attitash alpine and waterslides FTW

Nice. We did horseback riding there. This year I went with the thrill and went to Loon for the package deal they have. I highly recommend it to you. We will probably go again.

Patriots fan, I see.:thumbsup:

Fairfield Cty is gonna be ground zero. Already 2-3 inches of rain..while Moneypit agonizes over low qpf due mostly in part to his qpf fetish

Actually, agaonizing over the continual 'misses' Franklin County has had regarding virtually all precipitation this summer. It's been like Adam Viniteri serving as the place kicker of the dry spot. We could use a little rain here.

Actually, agaonizing over the continual 'misses' Franklin County has had regarding virtually all precipitation this summer. It's been like Adam Viniteri serving as the place kicker of the dry spot. We could use a little rain here.

It was bone dry up in NH. Driest summer in many yrs up there. Rivers are very low..almost dried up in spots...all the grass is torched and burned. Very stramge to see it like up there..and so lush down here. It's usually the opposite

Exactly. That's what MRG doesn't understand..70's for highs with high dews does not + a cool summer lol

Looks like some of the LR outlooks are calling for another heatwave towards the end of the month to around Labor Day. Bring on the heat for Labor Day weekend, I say-- that's basically the last weekend of summer so it should be all about beaches and BBQs!

Right now anything but, 5.32" of rain in 4 hours (2.83" in one hour!) quickly surging towards the half foot mark lol.

Exactly. That's what MRG doesn't understand..70's for highs with high dews does not = a cool summer lol

What about 60's for highs? The next 2 days aren't forecast to make it out of the 60's here. I suppose that's hot August weather too. You're spinning it so hard you're going to get dizzy. Nothing but 70's after a few days in the 60's. You can say that it's uncomfortable all you want but the fact of the matter is temps look to remain AOB normal through most of the month. I said long ago around Labor one last hurrah for your heat fetish. Until then (if the heat even happens) its cool and wet.

My wife's family is from the Philly area. Occasionally I get tricked into going. The silly Philly accent is as bad as the NJ smell.lol

Yeah.... it almost sounds German to me lol.

5.38 inches of rain here and still coming down like it's October 2005 lol.

Archived