Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Tropical Depression Don

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does that much QPF fall apart in 2 hours? Is there something wrong with the radar site or did the storm fall apart that quickly? I don't remember seeing something fall apart that fast.

Yes, the radar malfunctioned and accidentally vaporized Tropical Storm Don. In reality, it just went poof.

This could be one of the greatest disappearing acts for a 'tropical storm.'

Ever.

It really went poof! Just bizarre. It didn't even leave much of a pressure trace. The apparent center passing by didn't even lower the pressure below 1009 mb-- like a tropical wave passing through. Wind can't be over 10 kt right now.

It really went poof! Just bizarre. It didn't even leave much of a pressure trace. The apparent center passing by didn't even lower the pressure below 1009 mb-- like a tropical wave passing through. Wind can't be over 10 kt right now.

I was driving back and forth twice this evening from Kingsville to Riviera and didn't get enough rain to clean the dust off the windshield. I was in a heavier shower at 10:30 this morning up in Rockport, than any that came ashore with Don's landfall. Damn! we sure needed some rain. The only happy people are the cotton farmers who haven't gotten their crop harvested yet.

Just unreal.

10 pm update should be special. How they keep from making it 'dissipated' could be tricky.

The more we watch these>>>>>the more we learn>>>>> the more we are humbled. Can't say as that I've ever seen a precipitaion field in a tropical system collapse as fast as what has occurred this evening.

Close the book on Don....

Self analysis of my call...

Track forecast?..... good.

Intensity forecast?....poor.

What I envisioned tonight to be (even as late as last evening)?? Not even close!

On to 91L!!! :arrowhead:

Archived