joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc: mid-July - end of August

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's an ob, just like "it's raining" or "it's windy," isn't it? It just so happens that it's accompanied by little self-pity that it's been dry IMBY. I don't know why people get so upset about it. Now...if it were a matter of my wailing and gnashing of teeth over the matter, then someone should give me a little smack.

An ob is fine, but things like the posts I generously quoted in this post are good examples on what I am/we are having issues with. There's also the fact that it's every. single. event. and bringing it up multiple times per day just to say "it's still dry."

EDIT: To add that "it's dry" is also usually a very boring post unless it's described as part of a prolonged event. A single post like "despite the recent rain, I've gone 20 consecutive days without a single drop" would be more interesting than "oh noes they missed me again!"

An ob is fine, but things like the posts I generously quoted in this post are good examples on what I am/we are having issues with. There's also the fact that it's every. single. event. and bringing it up multiple times per day just to say "it's still dry."

Gotcha.

Dog's probably upset about now. He no like thunder.

And I'm about 20 minutes from you in Sharpsburg and I've gottten barely 1 inch this month. It's freakin' bizarre.......

That is pretty wild to see our locales so different. There's a Coop site near you, Sharpsburg 5S, that I look at especially during the winter, and the snow totals are always very close to mine. Summer precip is much more of a hit-and-miss proposition. I've lucked out quite often this year.

Good, but not quite as compelling as a plastic chair tipped over on a deck. That is the really heartbreaking, moving stuff.

i sincerely hope none of that happened today!

Well if you saw the video of me obliterating myself in a microburst on the 7th, I'd say tethering was necessary. If i stepped onto the front lawn instead of being on the side of the house, I would've had to hold myself up so i didnt roll down the street. Good to know in my screaming of holy and oh my God that some serious crap and plastic tip overs were occurring.

Archived