joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc: mid-July - end of August

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wacky temps overnight. DCA stayed extremely high, in the low 80s. Dulles dropped to a 73 ob at 4am with calm winds, jumped back up to 78 at 5am with NW winds, and then back down to 71 with calm winds at 6am.

Andrews even more "wintertime lows" jumpy:

Broke the all time daily low maximum at Richmond yesterday. First ever 80 degree low temperature.

000SXUS71 KAKQ 130537RERRICRECORD EVENT REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD, VA0135 AM EDT WED JUL 13 2011...ALL TIME RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT RICHMOND VA...THE MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT RICHMOND ON TUESDAY JULY 12TH WAS 81DEGREES. THIS BREAKS THE RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 76DEGREES SET IN 1993. MORE SIGNIFICANTLY...THIS IS THE FIRST TIMEIN RECORDED HISTORY THAT RICHMOND HAS HAD A MINIMUM TEMPERATUREOF 80 DEGREES OR HIGHER.PRIOR TO TUESDAY...THERE HAVE BEEN 9 OCCURRENCES WHERE THE MINIMUMTEMPERATURE WAS 79 DEGREES AT RICHMOND. IN A FEW CASES...THE MORNINGMINIMUM WAS AT OR ABOVE 80 DEGREES...ONLY TO DROP BELOW 80 DEGREESPRIOR TO MIDNIGHT (1AM EDT) THE FOLLOWING EVENING. OFFICIAL DAILYRECORDS ARE RECORDED FROM 1AM EDT TO 1AM EDT (MIDNIGHT TO MIDNIGHTEST). DAILY RECORD KEEPING AT RICHMOND BEGAN IN 1897.LB/MR

Today is a day where downsloping is a real problem for any storms.. Looks like northern portions of the cwa are too far north to see anything severe. I think some heavy rain showers is an accurate possibility.

Moderate showers popping up over the mountains... no lightning yet.

Today is a day where downsloping is a real problem for any storms.. Looks like northern portions of the cwa are too far north to see anything severe. I think some heavy rain showers is an accurate possibility.

eh, we still have dews in the mid-60s.. bigger problem is timing of frontal passage etc.

Didn't miss you by much. I am at the office just to the south of Frederick, and we've been getting smacked pretty good the past 30 minutes. Radar estimates of 0.50"+ and that seems pretty accurate.

nice. my wife is home in north Frederick (just north of Ft. Detrick) and says that we got almost nothing up there.

Archived