Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc: mid-July - end of August

Ellinwood

dca should have a nice speci soon

eh, gust to 39

SPECI KDCA 131904Z COR 35021G34KT 1SM R01/4000VP6000FT +TSRA SQ FEW025 BKN050CB OVC075 28/21 A2980 RMK AO2 PK WND 34034/1902 PRESRR OCNL LTGICCG SW-NE TS SW-NE MOV SE VIS SE-SW 6 P0000

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone who gets it! :thumbsup:

It's really just the same few people who do it.

Some of us would like rain so we don't have to deal with dead and dying lawns, gardens, etc. I prefer not to have to water all that stuff. I don't need a big storm. A good rain in the heat of the summer would be nice.

First cell just missed to the north. Second will hopefully stick together and give us a little love.

post-1705-0-52162300-1310583609.gif

Ohh ssh you know it annoys you too

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic! If we aren't complaining about the lack of snow, its the lack of rain, or the heat, or the cold, or how our weather is boring. Pick one and someone is whining about it.

Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic! If we aren't complaining about the lack of snow, its the lack of rain, or the heat, or the cold, or how our weather is boring. Pick one and someone is whining about it.

my favorite is when you can combine a few of the topics into one annoying consistent complaint.

example: http://www.americanw...c/21407-summer/

There we have the complaints of heat, soon-to-be lack of snow, and an expected boring tropical season and winter.

Oh goodie! Sprinkles

Moderate rain now in downtown Bmore

my favorite is when you can combine a few of the topics into one annoying consistent complaint.

example: http://www.americanw...c/21407-summer/

There we have the complaints of heat, soon-to-be lack of snow, and an expected boring tropical season and winter.

We like to keep it interesting .. and by we I mean Ji

Where's H20? This is payback for the western Beltway's two brutal misses on Friday and Monday. :thumbsup:

Definitely going to end up over 2".

Andy (H20) was on his way home from work and was dealing with the beltway. But was happy he was getting a storm.

Looks like a round two of sorts is trying to get going; of course the sky has remained quite dark since the downpour eased a few minutes ago, so maybe it's still round one?

Fun stuff regardless.

Round 2 is going to miss DC proper, more of a Manassas-Fairfax special

new englanders and new yorkers telling us how to post. :(

That's right! Deal with it B)

Some of us would like rain so we don't have to deal with dead and dying lawns, gardens, etc. I prefer not to have to water all that stuff. I don't need a big storm. A good rain in the heat of the summer would be nice.

So make one post every once in awhile describing the drought... no need for a half dozen or more "aw I didn't get rain" posts every time rain falls somewhere nearby.

Where's H20? This is payback for the western Beltway's two brutal misses on Friday and Monday. :thumbsup:

Definitely going to end up over 2".

bailing water. I got it both in Merrifield and here at home. Perfect track for you and me who missed out on the fun the other day. I have some video I took with my cell phone I will try and upload in a bit.

So make one post every once in awhile describing the drought... no need for a half dozen or more "aw I didn't get rain" posts every time rain falls somewhere nearby.

But it's an ob, just like "it's raining" or "it's windy," isn't it? It just so happens that it's accompanied by little self-pity that it's been dry IMBY. I don't know why people get so upset about it. Now...if it were a matter of my wailing and gnashing of teeth over the matter, then someone should give me a little smack.

OB - Nice downpour for about 15 minutes at work in PG. The most rain I've personally seen in weeks, which was kind of refreshing. Radar still filling in at home.

Archived