12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc - June/early July 2011 edition

Ellinwood

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for you, Dave. This was a classic lee trough that fired like it "always" does. Leesburg's not in a bad spot when that happens, in spite of what the poster formerly known as Leesburg04 maintained.

Thanks Craig, it was welcomed with open arms. I even ran the sprinkler for an hour prior to the storms to help the "soil" a little so the rain wouldnt run off on the surface, was trying to help it get absorbed into the ground somewhat. WE were defintely lucky with this one, it is a rare treat but gladly take it.

I didn't listen to the whole message as it came in.. dog gets freaked out by it haha

Our old dog hated all bad weather lol our new one will stand at the front door watching the lightning...although I shouldn't call him new - he's been with us since 2007 lol

Storms all around my house again. It refuses to storm here.

I get nothing again. YES! arrowheadsmiley.png Damn I hate it here.

Man those cell exploded once they past me. GRR. That line better come back up.

Sigh.. I think it's cause my county is a stupid triangle.

Stop complaining.

Our old dog hated all bad weather lol our new one will stand at the front door watching the lightning...although I shouldn't call him new - he's been with us since 2007 lol

Ours isn't phased by storms but the loud beeps freak him out haha

Thanks Craig, it was welcomed with open arms. I even ran the sprinkler for an hour prior to the storms to help the "soil" a little so the rain wouldnt run off on the surface, was trying to help it get absorbed into the ground somewhat. WE were defintely lucky with this one, it is a rare treat but gladly take it.

I actually brought my kids outside to watch as the storm rolled in...clouds were unbelievable...agreed that this type of storm is very unusual for Leesburg, the first one I've seen quite like this since moving out here.

Temperature drop from the initial outflow was also very impressive...would guess we dropped upwards of 20*F in 2-3 minutes.

I actually brought my kids outside to watch as the storm rolled in...clouds were unbelievable...agreed that this type of storm is very unusual for Leesburg, the first one I've seen quite like this since moving out here.

Temperature drop from the initial outflow was also very impressive...would guess we dropped upwards of 20*F in 2-3 minutes.

Hey there, good to see ya on here. Yeah my crappy camera didnt get the clouds as good as I hoped but I was against time with the rain moving in. Yeah it started in the mid 90's and when the storm ended it dropped to 69* here. I should have paid attention to it as the storm got going but I was amazed at the rain and wind factors in play.

Hey there, good to see ya on here. Yeah my crappy camera didnt get the clouds as good as I hoped but I was against time with the rain moving in. Yeah it started in the mid 90's and when the storm ended it dropped to 69* here. I should have paid attention to it as the storm got going but I was amazed at the rain and wind factors in play.

Hey dave!

SICKKK clouds rolling in now. WOW

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND...

HOWARD COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

NORTHERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

NORTHERN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

BALTIMORE COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...

HARFORD COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...

BALTIMORE CITY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 900 PM EDT

* AT 813 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN

EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING

FROM 12 MILES NORTHWEST OF JARRETTSVILLE TO OWINGS MILLS TO 10

MILES SOUTHWEST OF SYKESVILLE...AND MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

Archived