12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z Euro the more I look at it just seems awfully wound up for the synoptic pattern.

I agree with you there! I said this earlier in the thread but with different words: the ECM appears to dig the trough too deeply into the MV for the amount of upstream ridging only marginally built into the Rockies at that time ~D6

Today's high at ORH was 31F....first high AOB 32F since Feb 17th. Shows you how horrific the end of Feb and March was last winter!

Simply amazing.

The last storm in the northern Ct Valley over 1" was the overnight surprise 7" fluffer on 2/28 (27?) of last year.

It sure feels like winter out there tonight 27.5/18

The cold is here this week just gotta' get the moisture running into it. I have a good feeling about the end of the week clipper being bigger than advertised.

:snowman:

The ECMWF was the only model that I saw that made the current Bermuda gale clipper into a significant Miller B New England snowstorm. I'm not sure if that's related to the current situation, however.

Yeah it ate that solution from 7 or 8 days ago. Sometimes it has these crazy would up solutions during that time frame, but the ensembles seemed all about a rather amped up solution as well. There does seem to be a trend, but there are so many players on the field...or actually, have yet to make it into the field..lol.

Very cold out this evening, normal for a mid january day at least here.

Block won this week, it shall again next weekend, Kev is right..................big snows are coming.

It's really darn cold here in Northern New England.

High of 27.9F in Middlebury, VT with a dusting from last night. Drove up to the Green Mountains on Route 125 and there was a general 1-3" there.

Headed back to NYC suburbs tomorrow.

Looks a lot like the Euro. It starts as snow for everyone though... a couple inches.

Hopefully that clipper ends up blowing up a little more than currently forecast. I still have a sneaking suspicion it might. Also, we are seeing some inconsistency regarding the PV to the north where our main plains s/w tries to phase with it partially...that seems to be the biggest difference between the warmer solutions vs the colder.

Hopefully that clipper ends up blowing up a little more than currently forecast. I still have a sneaking suspicion it might. Also, we are seeing some inconsistency regarding the PV to the north where our main plains s/w tries to phase with it partially...that seems to be the biggest difference between the warmer solutions vs the colder.

Yes that's going to be the issue. Also if the first clipper blows up some confluence behind it probably prevents such an easy phase.

Archived