• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

I don't think a coastal bomb qualifies as a swfe. Something is going to secondary even if the primary cuts west..that's why the concern for all snow/ ice is there inland..and the 00z Euro ens shifting south says that is the way to think for now

Also looks like it might end as snow for everyone

You just contradicted yourself there. Assuming a coastal bomb, then yes, it would not be a SWFE. If the primary cuts west, and a pops a secondary, then I'd qualify that as a SWFE. I do think the primary storm will remain dominant feature, even if a secondary forms.

I do want this to dig South. I want less or a later phase with any lobe of the PV that comes south.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Differences between this morning's GFS runs and yesterdays are very clear. GOA low is stronger and further east powering a strong jet into the Pac NW.

The northern s/w also digs much more, resulting in strong s/w ridging downstream and then we're off to the races.

FWIW, the track ofthe low on the euro ensemble mean moved slightly east on last nights 00z run compared to yesterdays 12run. Looks like the 00z track was from the eastern tip of LI across the CC canal. Yesterday's 12z run was more of a PVD-PSM track. I think many people from northern CT points north will be pretty happy with a LI to CC Canal track.

Differences between this morning's GFS runs and yesterdays are very clear. GOA low is stronger and further east powering a strong jet into the Pac NW.

The northern s/w also digs much more, resulting in strong s/w ridging downstream and then we're off to the races.

But is it correct in it's depiction?

FWIW, the track ofthe low on the euro ensemble mean moved slightly east on last nights 00z run compared to yesterdays 12run. Looks like the 00z track was from the eastern tip of LI across the CC canal. Yesterday's 12z run was more of a PVD-PSM track. I think many people from northern CT points north will be pretty happy with a LI to CC Canal track.

Maybe CT poeple in Litchfield County........

The 12/13th deal looks like it could be my first and only Bridgton schellacking, might be doing a midyear transfer elsewhere. If this storm comes to fruition as GFS suggests it could be a pretty deep snowfall.

Jay, don't let the lack of snow scare you off--it's only December, man!

Seriously thinking of transfer? Where/why?

You just contradicted yourself there. Assuming a coastal bomb, then yes, it would not be a SWFE. If the primary cuts west, and a pops a secondary, then I'd qualify that as a SWFE. I do think the primary storm will remain dominant feature, even if a secondary forms.

I do want this to dig South. I want less or a later phase with any lobe of the PV that comes south.

I would not qualify it as a swfe unless development is weaker than the primary causing the swfe. If there is strong redevelopment isn't that a Miller B?

I would not qualify it as a swfe unless development is weaker than the primary causing the swfe. If there is strong redevelopment isn't that a Miller B?

I don't think Miller B primary lows can go west and north of our region. It tends (per my understanding) to be a clipper type system cutting under us and exploding off the coast.

Violently agree

You'd want it a bit farther east..but the important thing to note is that the ensembles are shifting east/not west

Yup...definitely good that we are seeing the ensembles shift east...I would suspect that as we continue to get closer the OP runs will continue to shift east well. Still a small chance this could shift west but once you see the ensembles settle down on a track chances are that track is going to happen.

The euro ensembles trended higher with heights out west and lower with heights across the SE towards d7. This isn't a bad thing for those who are hoping for this to dig more. The problem is that we have the block moving east, with ridging developing over the northeast...gradually moving to the east. This is what's causing some of the warmer solutions. It's an interesting battle because the euro ensembles almost imply a snow to rain and then snow again as heights crash and the storm nearly stalls east of the Cape. Nobody should get all bent out of shape being 180 hours out, but obviously we have some uncertainties here.

That's about as classic as it gets for an East Coast storm. PNA ridge so that all that Pacific energy dives into the Plains and intensifies. Once it gets near the coast......BOOM.

Yup...definitely good that we are seeing the ensembles shift east...I would suspect that as we continue to get closer the OP runs will continue to shift east well. Still a small chance this could shift west but once you see the ensembles settle down on a track chances are that track is going to happen.

hopefully it doesn't ride right up logan11's fanny

Archived