Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like 2-4 for areas away from the coast..probably a good guesstimate at this point. I could see it strengthen too as we get closer..like Ryan and Will discussed yesterday.

Yeah I agree it could, but it has a lot of work to do right now. Still, it's only Monday so there is time. It wouldn't take much for a little secondary over Cweat's tractor.

This probably goes without saying for the astute follower of festivities today ... But, the first of the two systems slated for next weekend is still over the Pacific. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen in the past where you have two system 3 days apart and the first of the two ends up dominant. I'm just mentioning this because should the first system relay in off the eastern Pacific an order of magnitude stronger than what you have is a complete breakdown of the current thinking regarding the evolution of synoptics over next weekend to say the least. It would probably mean a closing stronger system from the MA to NE, and the 2nd system would then suffer dynamic starvation - it would also probably shear some because the lead system would change the orientation of the geopotential medium - so yeah, basically the lead became dominant.

Just have to monitor what gets relayed and see how the models do or don't change that lead system when it enters the denser sounding grid over land. That's about 72 hours away for the first of the 2 systems.

Re any 2nd system: this run for me is the typical entrance into the period of time where the GFS drops a signal - we may actually see a complete disappearance over the next 2 to 3 cycles only to have it reappear ... We'll see.

BUMP.

HPC says op Euro is wrong.. heavy heavy snow 1 week from right now

THE 00Z ECMWF SHOWS A DAYS 5-7 SAT-MON SFC

TRACK THAT IS ON THE NRN AND EVENTUALLY WRN SIDE OF THE

MODEL/ENSEMBLE SPREAD. THE INCREASING AMPLITUDE OF THE PATTERN

PRECLUDES FULL DISCOUNTING OF THE 00Z ECMWF SCENARIO BUT IT WOULD

BE DESIRABLE TO SEE SOME CONTINUITY ESTABLISHED BEFORE PUTTING TOO

MUCH WEIGHT IN THAT DIRECTION

The funny thing about this discussion is that they first say that they can't completely rule it outs ("precludes full discounting....."). But, then their comment reads like they really want to trust the Euro once it becomes consistent. Baffling.

The funny thing about this discussion is that they first say that they can't completely rule it outs ("precludes full discounting....."). But, then their comment reads like they really want to trust the Euro once it becomes consistent. Baffling.

They would trust the Euro if it became consistent with the further west solution...I don't see anything confusing about that.

00Z ECMWF ensembles shifted west compared to the 12z ECMWF ensembles. The 06z GFS and the 06z GFS ensembles both shifted west from the 00z runs, respectively. I still feel good about the potential on Monday the 13th.

doesn't mean too much right now but the mean is likely only a few members shy of an apps runner....if not a lakes cutter.

00Z ECMWF ensembles shifted west compared to the 12z ECMWF ensembles. The 06z GFS and the 06z GFS ensembles both shifted west from the 00z runs, respectively. I still feel good about the potential on Monday the 13th.

I think the 00z ensembles were more south of 12z. 12z had the low going over eastern mass, 00z looks like it may kiss the Cape and meander slowly east of Boston in the Gulf of Maine.

Of course, why anyone would be sweating the details on this for a storm 7days out is beyond me. The signal is there for some storminess somewhere in the East, that's enough for me at this point. We need some sort of resolution with the lead system before wringing our hands about the follow-up. Jeeeessh BTW, how 'bout them Bills!!! Let's go Buffalo!!!

Of course, why anyone would be sweating the details on this for a storm 7days out is beyond me. The signal is there for some storminess somewhere in the East, that's enough for me at this point. We need some sort of resolution with the lead system before wringing our hands about the follow-up. Jeeeessh BTW, how 'bout them Bills!!! Let's go Buffalo!!!

Sensible statements here, other than the Bills nonsense..

"Shocked" is the word I come up with, esp. with the higher end (perhaps not so shocking in NE areas if things can develop as it heads east).

Well, prepare to be shocked. You act like you live in Dobbs Ferry. Better locate your place on the map and check your average seasonal snowfall then get back to us.

Archived