• Last Reply

HEre's what we should be looking at

LOW PRESSURE COMING EWD ALONG

THE 49TH PARALLEL WED TO FRI WILL SPREAD A FAIRLY WIDE AREA OF

LIGHT SNOW ACROSS ND INTO MN AND THE GREAT LAKES REGION INTO

FRIDAY. THIS SYSTEM WILL THE REFORM OFF THE NEW ENG COAST WITH

SNOW POTENTIAL OVER COASTAL NEW ENG SAT

Congrats. God's country ftl.

reading some of the other threads and DTs thoughts, it seems it will come down to how far west based the NAO is...in NE we need it to be at least as far W as Iceland I assume. The late week clipper will affect that state of the NAO I guess? Tips and Scotts notion about the first low being the biggie was interesting. It seems like one of the 2 will be big given the signal has been so strong for so long for a big east coast storm in this time frame.

Up here I wouldn't mind the compromise track across sne but you guys wouldn't like that.

reading some of the other threads and DTs thoughts, it seems it will come down to how far west based the NAO is...in NE we need it to be at least as far W as Iceland I assume. The late week clipper will affect that state of the NAO I guess? Tips and Scotts notion about the first low being the biggie was interesting. It seems like one of the 2 will be big given the signal has been so strong for so long for a big east coast storm in this time frame.

Up here I wouldn't mind the compromise track across sne but you guys wouldn't like that.

Well I think the second low will be the larger low, but what some of us are saying, is that the stronger the first low, the less of a chance it has to hug the coast or go west. However, this is only one piece of the puzzle because if the energy coming from the Pacific is already robust as it enters the Plains, that could cause the low to go west as well. Now you see why we just have to wait and see. Too many variables to figure out currently.

Well I think the second low will be the larger low, but what some of us are saying, is that the stronger the first low, the less of a chance it has to hug the coast or go west. However, this is only one piece of the puzzle because if the energy coming from the Pacific is already robust as it enters the Plains, that could cause the low to go west as well. Now you see why we just have to wait and see. Too many variables to figure out currently.

I live norh of Concord Nh...it will snow dammit! Very disconcerting to see so many models going west.

With a -PNA we don't get the digging so the stronger shortwaves can curl up west quicker eh? Then we need to get some SWFE action which i guess is the best for us with a -PNA.

The big variable is the block and if the MJO really does enter phase 4-5 then we are probably screwed.

Looks like the 18z ensembles bring the low along the northeast coast and over the Cape. There does appear to be spread, because it's a cold solution given the track (if a low goes over the Cape, you're not gonna have 540 thicknesses over 40/70 BM) and also there is considerable distance between isobars.

Today's high at BDL (35F) was the coldest since Feb 17... shows you just how awful the end of Feb and March was last winter!!

Today's high at ORH was 31F....first high AOB 32F since Feb 17th. Shows you how horrific the end of Feb and March was last winter!

Can someone share an ex of when an inverted trough/norlun, gave downeast Maine around 2-3' of snow surprisingly.    I know fairly recently there was one very solid event.    18 z  DGEX has that type of solution, just wanted to compare u/a and etc ...it wouldn't shock me for this Fri-Sat event to surprise and be the main show for some. 

Archived