joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem for mby is that it really can't get much better. That troubles me.

It's early so that's obviously something to keep in mind, but I just don't want the shortwave to dig for oil in the Midwest. If the clipper were just a little stronger, it would help dampen the flow just a bit and prevent the storm from getting too close. That said, it would be silly to worry about the details this far out..just something I have in mind, that's all. My concerns are much different than those to the west, or up by you.

Ensembles keep some sort of a low east of SNE through the 11-15 day period. This doesn't mean that we have 1 single low sitting there, but the fact that ensemble members at some point have low pressure off the coast, with s/w timing differences. Therefore, the mean appears to have low pressure wobbling east and west. All that really means is that maybe 1 or 2 more shots after whatever happens this weekend.

Anytime you see Scott tell moneypit Mike that he should feel good, there really isn't a need fof that question.

LOL well I mean he should feel "comfortable", I didn't mean to hint at something much warmer. It's not the SST's the are the concern, but rather the actual storm track. Verbatim you would be fine with the gfs op track...and probably even BOS given that the wind will have a more nrly component. Even if winds were howling northeast, I'd feel fine with cold 950-850 temps. We learned just how good a cold airmass and a nice high can be to the coast in previous Decembers.

Archived