joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not concerned about what the Euro shows right now ... 12z was nothing like it. A couple more runs like it, though, and I'll start chewing my nails. I'll ride the GFS on this one because of its relative consistency.

The euro ensembles are se of the op (they usually are), but it depends on what happens in the Midwest. Models are slowly trending stronger with the energy in that area. However, if it doesn't phase early enough..it probably would be a big coastal bomb, instead of going up the Hudson.

The euro ensembles are se of the op (they usually are), but it depends on what happens in the Midwest. Models are slowly trending stronger with the energy in that area. However, if if it doesn't phase early enough..it probably would be a big coastal bomb, instead of going up the Hudson.

Yeah I just checked the ensembles and like what I see much more. No worries.

A nugget from GYX AFD ...

JUST BEYOND NEXT WEEKEND THINGS MAY GET VERY INTERESTING FOR ALL

THE SNOW LOVERS OUT THERE.

You forgot the rest of the nugget:

TOWARD

THE END OF THE WEEK IT LOOKS LIKE ALL AREAS WILL RECEIVE ITS FIRST

SNOW COVER IN THE FRI NGT/SAT TIME FRAME AS A DECENT WAA PATTERN

SETS UP AHEAD OF AN UPPER TROF LIFTING OUT TO THE NE FM THE GT

LAKES...A SCNDRY LOW MAY SPAWN ENHANCING THE SNOWS FOR A SHORT PD

SAT. A RETURN TO COLD AND DRY WX FOR LATE IN THE WEEKEND.

JUST BEYOND NEXT WEEKEND THINGS MAY GET VERY INTERESTING FOR ALL

THE SNOW LOVERS OUT THERE.

:lol:

meghan typing on will's profile?

No I'm actually pretty optimistic. I still like the clipper look and possible redevelopment, even though the Euro verbatim was a bit too late.

The 2nd system has a pretty good antecedent cold airmass ahead of it, so while there's still a threat it could be too far west, I think there's a very good chance it ends up with a mostly winter appeal to it. (even on the western Euro OP run, you can see the colder air trying to fight back at 192h.

That said, I really wouldn't even take that 2nd system seriously until we see what type of development occurs out of the clipper system.

edit: Megan gets mad when people type her name with an "h".

No I'm actually pretty optimistic. I still like the clipper look and possible redevelopment, even though the Euro verbatim was a bit too late.

The 2nd system has a pretty good antecedent cold airmass ahead of it, so while there's still a threat it could be too far west, I think there's a very good chance it ends up with a mostly winter appeal to it. (even on the western Euro OP run, you can see the colder air trying to fight back at 192h.

That said, I really wouldn't even take that 2nd system seriously until we see what type of development occurs out of the clipper system.

what's the elevation of weenie ridge?

Can you grab her phone and post those pics from last night lol

I think it will be pretty hard getting snow in here next weekend with the block weakened and east and a lack of a 50/50 low.

Looks like a classic cutter to me with redev over the canal.

Berks and greens make out with a mix to rain for the interior and pretty much a rain event along the coastal plain, but who knows.

LOl I was calling her Megan without an H last night, glad to see the optimism.

I think it will be pretty hard getting snow in here next weekend with the block weakened and east and a lack of a 50/50 low.

Looks like a classic cutter to me with redev over the canal.

Berks and greens make out with a mix to rain for the interior and pretty much a rain event along the coastal plain, but who knows.

Last night Will and I were looking at the KU book, surprise huh. Anyway we looked at many storms that if progged would have had everyone flipping out with so many primaries heading up the Miss Valley or Ohio Valley, but then boom.

Last night Will and I were looking at the KU book, surprise huh. Anyway we looked at many storms that if progged would have had everyone flipping out with so many primaries heading up the Miss Valley or Ohio Valley, but then boom.

I would love to see the clipper strengthen more than modeled, lay the baroclinic zone a little further south and east. It will be a fun week, many of us will see our first snows, I know you had two inches, I had 0.4. How is your head this morning??

Archived