• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

Fyi, this is what the GFS and ECM were trying to bring in here on the runs from last week:

On a related note...did you see that Vegas (KLAS) broke their all-time record high dewpoint depression yesterday? It was something like 107F/-22F for a dd of 129F.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe how much warmer to average we have been compared with other spots around sne.

+1.4 here so far.

should end up around +1.6 or so, a lot of that was driven by warm overnight lows though.

Its been warmer the further SW you go because of the cutoff pattern over the western Atlantic. I think PHL is around +3 and DCA is +4 on the month.

Seriously? Do people just evaporate upon going outside?

That is awesome. Heavy heavy dehydration

when i worked in the mojave desert in NV...i would get nosebleeds all the time...i carried two tubes of chapstick, one for my lips and one for my nose...i wore long pants and long sleeved shirts which helps to slow the evaporation of water through your skin....it was brutal...and when it was windy, it felt like standing infront of a hair dryer...

when i worked in the mojave desert in NV...i would get nosebleeds all the time...i carried two tubes of chapstick, one for my lips and one for my nose...i wore long pants and long sleeved shirts which helps to slow the evaporation of water through your skin....it was brutal...and when it was windy, it felt like standing infront of a hair dryer...

This would help, too

2008-02-12_100613-TreeHugger-fremen.jpg

73/66, a high of 75, not a bad day a little humid but nothing to whine on and on about. Looks like more comfortable 70's on the way. So nice to see day after day fail to get hot. Soon it will be over and the descent will become quicker. In 60 days the first color will start to show itself, 90 days and we'll be approaching peak color. Nice.

I wish it were summer 11 months out of the year, with a 30 day period of winter centered around the holidays, and it snowed every single day. That would be perfect!

Repulsive thought.

81/63, might not be a torch but its plenty warm enough for all summer activities thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And despite Pete's claim that it will be a nice, cool night, the A/C will be on tonight with temperatures staying around 66-67 for a low. tongue.gif

It's already a nice cool evening. A/C makes you weak.

Wow, the 4th of July looks perfect with highs near 80 under sunny skies. It's ok to have it be warm on the 4th of July, then summer can end.

is there some kind of meme in this forum where you constantly try to make the icep*ssies jealous of where you live?

Agreed. I wish the opposite. 11 months of winter and then maybe a month of summery weather to get out the BBQ and play a few rounds of golf...then back into winter. But not everyone has that sickness.

I'd take that recipe. This warm season is slipping by quickly and so far we're unscathed by any real heat. Day after day in the 60's and 70's is great. I've only cracked 80 4 times this month and only twice in May. I'm also hoping to not see a 90 degree reading this summer. Not uncommon here, what about ORH?

is there some kind of meme in this forum where you constantly try to make the icep*ssies jealous of where you live?

Nah, I just report on the weather here where I live. I do enjoy where I live very much. We're lucky to enjoy a high standard of living here on the east slope of the Berkshires. If you are an active outdoor sports kind of person this is one of the better places on the east coast to live. Very quiet, very rural. Truth be told, I prefer Alaska but this is a good substitute. You probably have better malls but I rarely visit malls.

Nah, I just report on the weather here where I live. I do enjoy where I live very much. We're lucky to enjoy a high standard of living here on the east slope of the Berkshires. If you are an active outdoor sports kind of person this is one of the better places on the east coast to live. Very quiet, very rural. Truth be told, I prefer Alaska but this is a good substitute. You probably have better malls but I rarely visit malls.

i wasn't asking for a tourist brochure, i was asking why you post as though everyone lives where you live. any moron can look up the wx conditions in rural western massachusetts. i'm sure you'll just respond with another anecdote, paul bunyan

I'd take that recipe. This warm season is slipping by quickly and so far we're unscathed by any real heat. Day after day in the 60's and 70's is great. I've only cracked 80 4 times this month and only twice in May. I'm also hoping to not see a 90 degree reading this summer. Not uncommon here, what about ORH?

ORH usually goes without a 90F day in the summer about once every 3 years on average or so. Its most recently happened in 2009, 2004, 2003, 2000, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1992.

i wasn't asking for a tourist brochure, i was asking why you post as though everyone lives where you live. any moron can look up the wx conditions in rural western massachusetts. i'm sure you'll just respond with another anecdote, paul bunyan

well, actually, most of us post based on MBY.. IMHO a lot of New England weather is grounded in "what happens around here", because the local topology pays a pretty big part in what the weather does.

I actually find that the localized comments from the fine posters here help me understand the local weather, even when it isn't IMBY. The local knowledge is a significant asset.

But just MHO..

...tom

Hooters is expanding again?

Was looking around on craigslist...once the fall comes I plan on having a second job, so I can start saving up for a car. I will have my school stuff paid off by the end of the summer so my hope is to be in school next fall so I would really like a car by then.

Anyways I came across an ad for a part time weather observer at BDL and I sent an email...I really hope I hear back.

Archived