gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
July 4th Holiday weekend wx

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59/59, some decent rain overnight, looks like another fine day on tap. Looks like low 70's for the rest of the work week then up to around 80 for the holiday weekend. Nice.

Saturday looks pretty warm but before that, I'll be lookin' at the upper 60s through the mid 70s around here. It's amazing what a little elevation can do, even in the summer. Now that I have a new truck, with a thermometer, I can really keep an eye on temps as I drive over hill & dale. I can leave work in Hanover, NH, deep in the downsloped CT River valley, and my thermometer will read 80. By the time I get home, 30 miles north and 800' higher, it's usually a solid ten degrees cooler. I've always known and felt a pretty big difference but it's cool to actually see it in hard numbers.

Saturday looks pretty warm but before that, I'll be lookin' at the upper 60s through the mid 70s around here. It's amazing what a little elevation can do, even in the summer. Now that I have a new truck, with a thermometer, I can really keep an eye on temps as I drive over hill & dale. I can leave work in Hanover, NH, deep in the downsloped CT River valley, and my thermometer will read 80. By the time I get home, 30 miles north and 800' higher, it's usually a solid ten degrees cooler. I've always known and felt a pretty big difference but it's cool to actually see it in hard numbers.

Ten degrees over an 800 foot difference in elevation? That kind of difference seems a bit high in comparison to normal lapse rates.

Archived