wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pics vids chase stories from Day of the Twisters SNE style

Ginx snewx

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to venture a guess I would say ef-3 with the damage in Monson. I wonder if anyone caught the tornado on camera while it maxed out in that area.

a guy who lives there showed me his video on his crappy cell phone yesterday about 400 feet from the tornado's edge while it was maxed. AMAZING looking, but he doesn't know how to get it off his phone to the net. too bad...it wasi ncredible..

a guy who lives there showed me his video on his crappy cell phone yesterday about 400 feet from the tornado's edge while it was maxed. AMAZING looking, but he doesn't know how to get it off his phone to the net. too bad...it wasi ncredible..

That would be awesome to see! Does it have usb capability? Can he e-mail it?

snapback.pngCT Rain, on 02 June 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

The tornado did hit Springfield around 4:32 but it touched down 10-12 minutes before and tore up Westfield

It's just amazing to me how this monster was OTG for that long BEFORE they warned on it.

Amazing only 4 deaths, 4 serious injuries reported out of the Brimfield campground also, they're in the local hospital, hopefully they're all right and no more deaths are reported. Compare this widespread destruction to the relatively small area of the Worcester tornado and how many more deaths and injuries occurred in that one.

Not really sure how to insert a facebook video, but if you can, check THIS out...

West Springfield, MA

A tornado hits me in West Springfield, Ma at the memorial bridge

photos of my truck and springfield area damage: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.575732186486.2069062.56500799 my location was on the other side of the highway from this address when the tornado hit: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=23+Bridge+Street,+west+Springfield,+MA&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Posted by Ryan Donovan on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Amazing only 4 deaths, 4 serious injuries reported out of the Brimfield campground also, they're in the local hospital, hopefully they're all right and no more deaths are reported. Compare this widespread destruction to the relatively small area of the Worcester tornado and how many more deaths and injuries occurred in that one.

Are you saying there was only a small region of damage in the Worcester event? That one had like 30 miles worth of F4 or higher damage...and virtually all of it F3+ damage.

It will be interesting to see how much of this event has EF3+ damage. Some of the Springfield pics look like they are EF3 and then of course you have what certainly appears to be EF3+ damage east into Sturbridge and probably Southbridge, but we don't have a whole lot of info between Springfield and Monson that I've seen.

Are you saying there was only a small region of damage in the Worcester event? That one had like 30 miles worth of F4 or higher damage...and virtually all of it F3+ damage.

It will be interesting to see how much of this event has EF3+ damage. Some of the Springfield pics look like they are EF3 and then of course you have what certainly appears to be EF3+ damage east into Sturbridge and probably Southbridge, but we don't have a whole lot of info between Springfield and Monson that I've seen.

Really? That seems like an exceptionally long path of F4+ damage. Normally you get pockets of F4 interspersed with widespread F2 kind of damage from even the most violent long track tornadoes.

Really? That seems like an exceptionally long path of F4+ damage. Normally you get pockets of F4 interspersed with widespread F2 kind of damage from even the most violent long track tornadoes.

The F4 damage started in Oakham/Rutland and went right into Shrewsbury. Maybe its only about 20-25 miles worth, but it was quite a swath. Regardless, the original point was still asking whether that is considered a small area. Obviously not every single point in that swath was F4, but it was not like you had F4 damage in one spot and then it was F2 damage except for a little tiny pocket in one neighborhood.

There is a video from Springfield yesterday of someone in their car taking video of the thing as it lifts the roof off of two structures and trees coming down everywhere.They were right in the middle of it.. I saw on TWC last nite. Anyone have the link to it?

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=636M8gOEtao&feature=player_embedded

NSFW

Not really sure how to insert a facebook video, but if you can, check THIS out...

West Springfield, MA

A tornado hits me in West Springfield, Ma at the memorial bridge

photos of my truck and springfield area damage: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.575732186486.2069062.56500799 my location was on the other side of the highway from this address when the tornado hit: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=23+Bridge+Street,+west+Springfield,+MA&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Posted by Ryan Donovan on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Found it on youtube...

This one cracks me up over and over again. Dude sounds just like Bill Murray. High comedy.

Found it on youtube...

These two in combination are an EMs nightmare. This is what happens when you get a tornado up here... Cool videos though. Also would have been cool if the car got picked up by a suction vortex and tossed a few hundred yards. Until the end at least.

Next I want to see a highway traffic cam during a Dec. 13th 2007-like snow squall in south Florida, or the eye of a hurricane passing over Lincoln Nebraska with the all-clear siren going off and people headed out for a stroll.

Finally!

This is what we've needed-- a good overview of the heavily damaged areas in Monson. It's impressive, for sure. A couple of those houses are really flattened. It is at least EF3.

For sure an EF3. Maybe borderline EF4, in some places. Didnt think the damage was this bad, but this aerial video is stunning.

Great thread, yea yesterday immediately EM reports were talking about severe destruction, was a stunning reality check for local EMs.

Here's some video clips I put together on my blog

http://ryanhanrahan.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/massachusetts-tornado-through-youtube/

It appears that the tornado did lift for a time over Wilbraham as it cycled before dropping another tor in Monson. The west side of Wilbraham was hit quite significantly but the tornado lifted before downtown and touched down again just moments before hitting downtown Monson.

On radar yesterday we saw that too with the rotation weakening east of Springfield before ramping back up and getting a debris ball in the 0.5 reflectivity slice just east of Monson.

http://ryanhanrahan....hrough-youtube/

It appears that the tornado did lift for a time over Wilbraham as it cycled before dropping another tor in Monson. The west side of Wilbraham was hit quite significantly but the tornado lifted before downtown and touched down again just moments before hitting downtown Monson.

On radar yesterday we saw that too with the rotation weakening east of Springfield before ramping back up and getting a debris ball in the 0.5 reflectivity slice just east of Monson.

The radar definitely exploded just as the storm passed by downtown Monson, it was pretty freaky to see it actually. I wonder if they will consider it two separate tornadoes. I'm not familiar with how much of a gap is needed in damage to consider it two different tornadoes. If the gap was only like a half mile or a mile, then I'd guess its still one tornado, but if its like 5+ miles, then what?

i keep looking for the video the guy took next to me on the 91 291 merge! he said he was going to post it on youtube but i have no idea what it would be under he had the tornado from start to finish going threw the city! If i find it i will send it to you. Im so mad at myself for no having a video camera with me!

http://ryanhanrahan....hrough-youtube/

Archived