• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pics vids chase stories from Day of the Twisters SNE style

Ginx snewx

When I brought up that possibility this morning The Trials poster threw a complete tantrum

Here are the two posts. If you call this a tantrum, than you are even more of a hype artist than I thought.

snapback.pngCT Blizz, on 02 June 2011 - 08:12 AM, said:

The damage I saw in Sturbridge was easily Ef2..and possibly Ef3. The damge in Monson photos/videos looks like Ef3..and likely even Ef4

My reply: Actually, odds and history say is highly unlikely. That is pure speculation and weenism on your part.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well people like excitement and big events..not just weenies..but the general public..

If you always hype everything you'll fail..so you need to pick and choose when and what to hype...

The fact is and whether it's a good thing or not I don't know..but if you're afraid of failing and always take the safe, cautious , middle of the road approach..you'll always be just that...... average.

In order to succeed you can't be afraid to fail and take big risks...

Obviously I'm not a met, but if I had followed my dream growing up and done that..it's the way i would forecast..I'd fail sometimes sure, but when I'd hit..it'd be a grand slam..and THAT is what folks ultimately remember you for

i think you're generally right so no real arguments. im kind of dry and boring... tho i dont think that equals bad track record. there are always some risks to take--pretty much every forecast of consequence involves them.

Well people like excitement and big events..not just weenies..but the general public..

If you always hype everything you'll fail..so you need to pick and choose when and what to hype...

The fact is and whether it's a good thing or not I don't know..but if you're afraid of failing and always take the safe, cautious , middle of the road approach..you'll always be just that...... average.

In order to succeed you can't be afraid to fail and take big risks...

Obviously I'm not a met, but if I had followed my dream growing up and done that..it's the way i would forecast..I'd fail sometimes sure, but when I'd hit..it'd be a grand slam..and THAT is what folks ultimately remember you for

If you failed enough you would not have a chance for a grand slam... people for say "screw this guy" and change the channel, subscribe to another service, etc...

I think mets need to be consistant... and accurate... not Wowzers just my lame opinion

If you failed enough you would not have a chance for a grand slam... people for say "screw this guy" and change the channel, subscribe to another service, etc...

I think mets need to be consistant... and accurate... not Wowzers just my lame opinion

Hey it's just my opinion too..and doesn't mean I'm right..it's just the way i think

i think you're generally right so no real arguments. im kind of dry and boring... tho i dont think that equals bad track record. there are always some risks to take--pretty much every forecast of consequence involves them.

Dry, boring, but consistently accurate is 100% more useful than entertaining, but often wrong.

Dry, boring, but consistently accurate is 100% more useful than entertaining, but often wrong.

i guess there is some middle ground in the media realm at least, though it seems hard to achieve. for instance sometimes i think i'd love having jason samenow's job at the post but it's pretty clear that since we moved there we've pandered more and more to the lowest common denominator to sell the weather. i dunno if i could do that. the public does like intrigue, no doubt. the true hypesters are an interesting breed tho.. somehow they can be wrong quite often without ever fully admitting it and people still continue to follow them. so, there's no argument there is something to it imo.

i thought so. i thought there were police reports of the second tornado. maybe i'm misremembering.

It should be. I was right behind this by 1/4-1/2 mile when it came through, followed it for ~3-5 miles and it was rotating big time. Not the damage that was seen with the 1st tornado, but I think enough evidence to say there was another tornado track 1 mile North of the previous in Sturbridge. I was shi***g my pants as the circulation came upon me quickly while on rt 20 West of Sturbridge. A co-worker who lives in Sturbridge by rt. 49 indicated multiple trees down in the area and when I went into that area today, the trees were laying in different directions. Like I said, this was rotating big time and the inflow was incredible. Having said that, I'm not the one who classifies if one touched down or not. Being a storm spotter and being there at the time it happened, I say yes.

It should be. I was right behind this by 1/4-1/2 mile when it came through, followed it for ~3-5 miles and it was rotating big time. Not the damage that was seen with the 1st tornado, but I think enough evidence to say there was another tornado track 1 mile North of the previous in Sturbridge. I was shi***g my pants as the circulation came upon me quickly while on rt 20 West of Sturbridge. A co-worker who lives in Sturbridge by rt. 49 indicated multiple trees down in the area and when I went into that area today, the trees were laying in different directions. Like I said, this was rotating big time and the inflow was incredible. Having said that, I'm not the one who classifies if one touched down or not. Being a storm spotter and being there at the time it happened, I say yes.

Its an official tornado if there was a circulation on the ground. Having separate damage that is consistent of a circulation touching down and not straight line winds is enough for a 2nd touchdown. The condensation funnel does not need to reach the ground.

Its an official tornado if there was a circulation on the ground. Having separate damage that is consistent of a circulation touching down and not straight line winds is enough for a 2nd touchdown. The condensation funnel does not need to reach the ground.

I never saw the sky get so black in seconds. As rescue vehicles were headed West into Brimfield, the wind just accelerated from the SW and I found myself on the outskirts of the circulation more or less by luck. My wife had said via phone that there was another warning headed that way, but I was there for the existing damage that had taken place. To witness another tornado almost on the same track was incredible. Adrenaline took over......

I never saw the sky get so black in seconds. As rescue vehicles were headed West into Brimfield, the wind just accelerated from the SW and I found myself on the outskirts of the circulation more or less by luck. My wife had said via phone that there was another warning headed that way, but I was there for the existing damage that had taken place. To witness another tornado almost on the same track was incredible. Adrenaline took over......

I was sitting in the parking lot of Sovereign Bank on Route 20 in Sturbridge (very open area where you can see a lot) and saw no tornado the 2nd time around. Straight-line winds, yes.....maybe even a microburst... but I was looking very closely and had a pretty good 360 view and saw nothing. A NBC-30 truck was in the same parking lot watching as well. That doesn't mean it didn't happen....but I'd be surprised.

that one house in there is absolutely demolished...could be low-end EF4 damage...the one next to it is basically untouched...just a couple shingles missing from the roof...bizzare

pool standing just to the right? gotta wonder about that house a bit at least from this angle.

I was sitting in the parking lot of Sovereign Bank on Route 20 in Sturbridge (very open area where you can see a lot) and saw no tornado the 2nd time around. Straight-line winds, yes.....maybe even a microburst... but I was looking very closely and had a pretty good 360 view and saw nothing. A NBC-30 truck was in the same parking lot watching as well. That doesn't mean it didn't happen....but I'd be surprised.

There was definite circulation. I posted some generic pics last night of the wall cloud and circulation reaching the ground in the rt49 area.

pool standing just to the right? gotta wonder about that house a bit at least from this angle.

strange...I know.

There was another house to the right that was also completely demolished that was just a bit west of the field.

The damage on the hill on the main drag in Monson Center looked to be EF0-EF2...tons of trees down...roofs damaged etc...then once the tornado descended on the newer subdivision maybe 1/4 to 1 mile west and downhill and did more impressive damage.

There was definite circulation. I posted some generic pics last night of the wall cloud and circulation reaching the ground in the rt49 area.

Fair enough...guess I was just in a bad spot. The clouds were rotating very broadly from what I could see and the winds were all straight-line NW to SE where I was. Interesting

Eric Fisher on TWC was saying how the Taunton office couldn't reach a decision on EF rating today partly because of their uncertainty when dealing with such old buildings. Apparently, they are going to be consulting with other "experts" in home construction/engineering. I know people in this thread were saying that the older houses would be sturdier construction... I wonder if it might be the opposite in some specific types of older houses.

Archived