Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pics vids chase stories from Day of the Twisters SNE style

Ginx snewx

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice grab Matt, been up there before, when I saw this video I sat back in my chair in disbelief

Was most impressed by the tree damage. Forest of 70+ year old trees wiped to 15 feet or so above the ground. Other odd thing is that the cars don't appear to have been affected much. Still generally lined in rows and some with windows still intact.

It seems as the most impressive damage has come out of Brimfield...Monson was pretty impressive but Brimfield looks even worse from different pictures that have come out. Brimfield is about 4-5 miles east of Monson for those who aren't familiar.

It seems as the most impressive damage has come out of Brimfield...Monson was pretty impressive but Brimfield looks even worse from different pictures that have come out. Brimfield is about 4-5 miles east of Monson for those who aren't familiar.

That is right about where the debris ball and couplet maxed out, which obviously makes sense.

Looks like the tornado meandered on a path about two miles above the Connecticut border just south of the Mass Pike starting in Westfield. I still havent heard of any damage in Wilbraham and Palmer, two towns in the direct path, you hear of any damage there Will or did it basically bounce over those two towns and come back down in Monson?

Looks like the tornado meandered on a path about two miles above the Connecticut border just south of the Mass Pike starting in Westfield. I still havent heard of any damage in Wilbraham and Palmer, two towns in the direct path, you hear of any damage there Will or did it basically bounce over those two towns and come back down in Monson?

Wilbraham definitely had some damage, but I haven't seen or heard anything about Palmer, MA. I think it probably skipped over there and then touched back down in Wilbraham and then went to town once it reached Monson. It looked liked most of the Wilbraham stuff was EF1 type damage.

Wilbraham definitely had some damage, but I haven't seen or heard anything about Palmer, MA. I think it probably skipped over there and then touched back down in Wilbraham and then went to town once it reached Monson. It looked liked most of the Wilbraham stuff was EF1 type damage.

Here's some of the damage from Wilbraham, you gotta go about halfway into the clip to see much. As mentioned in the quoted post above, it appears most damage is EF1 or so...maybe getting a little more intense near the end of the clip.

I was working in Becket,MA ( WNW of Westfield).I don't know if the hail we received was from the same cell that spawned the tornado off to our east but it was one of the most viscious t-storms I've seen.

I am not going to troll you but I distinctly remember your post just prior to getting pummeled about NBD TStorms Pete , LOL nice hail, skiable?

Didn't go through all 18 pages, so apologies if this is a repeat. Some incredible views of the damage from above.

http://www.boston.co...1=News_links#/1

Unbelievable, First time I see those, thanks. I took a ride in Southbridge today to see what I could get at, Charlton Street, which is east of 169 and runs parallel to it has trees down across the road for about 1/2 mile. They have tree services from out of town to help clear the roads. Hundreds and hundreds of trees are down. I talked to two guys that were in a garage on Route 169 at the time it hit, the building was damaged pretty badly but they were ok. Dozens of homes on 169 are condemned.

You must be talking about Mass? Almost every town in VT, NH, and ME seem to have that old New England character and look like that with old farmhouses & Victorians mixed with some new construction, lol. Same in the Berkshires... Williamstown, Stockbridge, etc... all classic New England. Anything near a major population center though has definitely lost the old New England feel.

I meant more for that area on east. There are towns that have quaint centers with a congregational church and a gazebo in the center, but there aren't too many towns like that left. Most of the town seems populated near the center.

Didn't go through all 18 pages, so apologies if this is a repeat. Some incredible views of the damage from above.

http://www.boston.co...1=News_links#/1

Those are so telling...

Interesting cases... the one of the forest blown down and the house seemingly unscathed. Or the house blown down and the vinyl pool still upright and empty of water.

This was devastating

Wilbraham had extensive damage in the Tinkham Rd. area, as well as elsewhere. The tornado passed over main street about a quarter mile south of Minnechaug H. S. It then proceeded up Wiibraham Mtn, with a near half mile wide damage swath all the way through Monson. I followed along the path all the way from The Watershop ponds area of Springfield through Wilbraham, and living in Monson am well aware of the continuous damage path from end to end

of this town. I also saw some of the path in Brimfiield, just south of Rt. 20. There are areas of various intensity, but from all I've observed and heard, there is a continuous damage path from The Ct. River all the way to

Sturbridge, and maybe extending beyond in both directions. Palmer was untouched because it is to the north of the tornado path.

Archived