• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pics vids chase stories from Day of the Twisters SNE style

Ginx snewx

RyanI dont think they invited any of the Springfield/hartford Mets.

We need to correct that next one we have (2 per year normally).

Actually I think this is the first they invited ANY of the TV mets. The meetings are mainly for Skywarn personell, but recently thats been expanded a bit.

Ray

Sucks you had to work and I couldn't go :thumbsdown:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this was a video..part III of what I took that evening, I was feeling pretty good as it was game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals so sorry about the narrating, but I think it shows you the incredible lightning. I missed the "peak lightning" as several strikes stuck close enough to know the power out briefly, but this video was the better video. 3 min after the video ended, power was knocked out completely by lightning and I had to listen to the game via radio...lol.

Edit, my wife took it. I was on the phone.

Well this was a video..part III of what I took that evening, I was feeling pretty good as it was game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals so sorry about the narrating, but I think it shows you the incredible lightning. I was actually on y cell phone with my folks. I missed the "peak lightning" as several strikes stuck close enough to know the power out briefly, but this video was the better video. 3 min after the video ended, power was knocked out completely by lightning and I had to listen to the game via radio...lol.

After about 1:20 it's decent with some close CG.

Well this was a video..part III of what I took that evening, I was feeling pretty good as it was game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals so sorry about the narrating, but I think it shows you the incredible lightning. I missed the "peak lightning" as several strikes stuck close enough to know the power out briefly, but this video was the better video. 3 min after the video ended, power was knocked out completely by lightning and I had to listen to the game via radio...lol.

Nice... I freaking love lightning when it gets like that.

That's equal to what I had here around 5am on 9/6 of this year. Before that, the last time I got to enjoy it was way back in July 1999.

Awesome, very cool,Thanks

Nice... I freaking love lightning when it gets like that.

That's equal to what I had here around 5am on 9/6 of this year. Before that, the last time I got to enjoy it was way back in July 1999.

Awesome, very cool,Thanks

I wish I got some of the more closer strikes, but I had people over too. The lightning was just behind me for the most part on the third video...you can tell by how it shines off the houses. Just before my wife shot that video we had 2 or 3 strikes where you could here a click sound...pretty scary stuff. Power went out shortly after the end of that video..but it still gets the point across.

That was cool. Your wife sounded scared when the close one hit.

Yeah she was a bit. The other ones got her adrenaline already going so that did it..lol. I was on the phone with my folks telling them it was heading there way, so that's who I was talking to. I have another video of it coming in, about 20 min before this video was taken.

Archived