Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Pics vids chase stories from Day of the Twisters SNE style

Ginx snewx

Thanks dude..Weird how there's no damage yet the whole town is withou power

I didn't even see a branch down. It was definitely strange. I know that despite not taking any hit, the entire town of Holland is also still without power.... I have many friends there and they are running generators for power and National Grid has no timetable for power's return to the area.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, Any-- really cool.

On a side note, it's interesting how different the buildings and landscape are in this region of the country. You can tell it's not in the Midwest or the South.

You see the phone vid of the chaser in his SUV getting pelted with debris? Reminded me of your Hurricane Karl vids. Just a little.

Great pics, Any-- really cool.

On a side note, it's interesting how different the buildings and landscape are in this region of the country. You can tell it's not in the Midwest or the South.

Monson is one of those towns that have a mix of older and newer construction. I don't think there are many towns like Monson that still have that old New England type character...especially in eastern mass.

Monson is one of those towns that have a mix of older and newer construction. I don't think there are many towns like Monson that still have that old New England type character...especially in eastern mass.

You must be talking about Mass? Almost every town in VT, NH, and ME seem to have that old New England character and look like that with old farmhouses & Victorians mixed with some new construction, lol. Same in the Berkshires... Williamstown, Stockbridge, etc... all classic New England. Anything near a major population center though has definitely lost the old New England feel.

People will always be complacent to warnings. It happens all the time. I've heard stories of people calling up dispatchers in the Plains when sirens go off. "Well I don't see anything..." is the response they get when the sirens go off. :arrowhead:

The same people who complain about warnings, will probably be the same ones that say.."We never knew it was coming...it came without warning".

Yeah that's true. Some people find a way to complain no matter what.

He may not get out of Dorchester very often

Haha, I know what he was implying, but even in your neck of the woods I know that Pomfret, Woodstock, and other hill towns in northern CT have a lot of the old Victorians up on a hill, with a large town green space with white gazebo in the middle (the classic New England look).

Haha, I know what he was implying, but even in your neck of the woods I know that Pomfret, Woodstock, and other hill towns in northern CT have a lot of the old Victorians up on a hill, with a large town green space with white gazebo in the middle (the classic New England look).

lots of CT looks like Monson. Many towns... even on the shoreline are like that.

Check out the entire series from that Vid I just posted from MegDeAlmeida, on YouTube select the more from button.

That Holland Road stuff looks as impressive as almost any damage we've seen this year. I'm sure BOX is doing a thorough survey of the structural integrity of the structures hit, so it will be very interesting to see what final rating that stuff gets.

That Holland Road stuff looks as impressive as almost any damage we've seen this year. I'm sure BOX is doing a thorough survey of the structural integrity of the structures hit, so it will be very interesting to see what final rating that stuff gets.

The stories out of Brimfield are most impressive, stories of wizard of oz stuff, people being lifted with their homes. Crazy

Archived