joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha you've been downplaying this all day.

here maybe.. check the MA thread--i thought u guys should have had a mod risk today. here it was mostly a counteract to the hysteria before the cells even formed.. looks like the hysteria won again -- 2011!

I'm seeing pictures of damage but nothing like Joplin... nothing like a mile wide area completely flattened. I mean there are roofs off, but buildings are still standing.

Have you seen anything from east of Springfield? The couplet was not nearly as strong over Springfield than points east.

here maybe.. check the MA thread--i thought u guys should have had a mod risk today. here it was mostly a counteract to the hysteria before the cells even formed.. looks like the hysteria won again -- 2011!

Haha yeah I understand... this definitely deserves some hysteria for New England though ;)

Have you seen anything from east of Springfield? The couplet was not nearly as strong over Springfield than points east.

Agree, can the premature it wasn't that bad talk end. This thing just went through those areas in the last 20 minutes...

Haha yeah I understand... this definitely deserves some hysteria for New England though ;)

trust me, im waiting for hoosier to bump troll me later... i get into trouble playing climo/history too heavily sometimes. no doubt the potential was there.

No this is very true. I was thinking EF1 or 2 in downtown Springfield from a quick look at news photos. Still an EF2 would be nothing to scoff at... but 4 or 5 would look like the Worcester tornado from the 50s with every house leveled to the foundation.

Agree, can the premature it wasn't that bad talk end. This thing just went through those areas in the last 20 minutes...

Likewise for the "end-of-the-world" talk, lol. Forgive me but I'm always going to question quick comments saying EF4 or EF5 in New England, that's all. Make no mistake, this is extremely impressive!

Archived