Newest Member
    joxey
The infamous SNE lawn thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that hard to believe..except maybe in full sun torch areas

Considering there has been no sustained snow on the ground for over 35 days now, it's believable. That torch in early/mid March unfroze everything. Only freeze now is overnight and that's gone by mid-morning as the day heats up.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KTAN/2011/3/29/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Considering there has been no sustained snow on the ground for over 35 days now, it's believable. That torch in early/mid March unfroze everything. Only freeze now is overnight and that's gone by mid-morning as the day heats up.

http://www.wundergro...y.html#calendar

I meant the widespread forsythias in bloom

I gotta agree with kev here. Unless your doing split apps, your putting down dimension or barricade way to early. Usually the rule of thumb is between forsythia bloom and lilac bloom. For crabgrass you need 3-5 days of constant 55 degree soil temperature or high to induce germination. Down here we havent even sprayed for poa annua seed head which is around 40 degree days. In your guys area you have to be atleast 2 weeks behind us in growin degree days. Thats probably why some of your areas are getting crabgrass invasion is because your putting it down to early and by july with all the rains it has washed away the chemical barrier in the soil or you aerated when you had it down.

http://www.wundergro...y.html#calendar

current soil temp in North Milford is 39 degrees. Daffodils and tulips are up...but not yet bloomed.

Raked the yard, got as many acorns as I could up..cleaned the flowerbeds,,all twigs are picked up...

Put down Lime pellets 8 bags worth..Next is the Lesco Starter fertilizer next weekend..and then a few weeks later the Dimension crabgrass application ..

Mulch will get delivered the weekend before Easter for all the flowerbeds..Usually 7-8 yards worth.

Raked the yard, got as many acorns as I could up..cleaned the flowerbeds,,all twigs are picked up...

Put down Lime pellets 8 bags worth..Next is the Lesco Starter fertilizer next weekend..and then a few weeks later the Dimension crabgrass application ..

Mulch will get delivered the weekend before Easter for all the flowerbeds..Usually 7-8 yards worth.

Nice, enjoy!

I actually cheated and got some iron...........oh baby is it going to be green by friday.

With 70's and 80's coming Monday/Tuesday next week..I'd suggest everyone get out and drop their first rounds of fertilizer this weekend. Whether it be crabgrass preventer or the lesco Starter Fertilizer..

With that kind of torch coming..forsythia will be out in full force next week.

Grass is finally starting to green up..after the high dews and rain yesterday..

Mowing should commence by late April/ early May I'm guessing

No greening at all yet. Still a few patches of snow in the fields before we're bare ground. Bare brown ground at that.

If I'm spreading lime, how can/should that be timed before putting down grass seed (there is no grass there now). Would a starter fertilizer be a bad thing with regard to the lime/seeding?

No greening at all yet. Still a few patches of snow in the fields before we're bare ground. Bare brown ground at that.

If I'm spreading lime, how can/should that be timed before putting down grass seed (there is no grass there now). Would a starter fertilizer be a bad thing with regard to the lime/seeding?

Grass is greening all over CT now.. Won't be long now

I put down lime pellets last weekend and the rain this week washed it in.

I would put down the lime pellets this weekend and starter fertilizer if I were you..Wait for a rain and in like 2-3 more weeks max..put down the crabgrass preventer.

Just don't put it near any new grass/seedlings that you've planted

Lawn is emerald green this morning after another night of light rain and drizzle, iron is really doing the trick! Two major plantings starting today and tomorrow, first in are the ornamental grasses, some maiden grass and fescue, nice height differential, and color as well....good to be back in the dirt, easy digging too!

Grass is greening all over CT now.. Won't be long now

I put down lime pellets last weekend and the rain this week washed it in.

I would put down the lime pellets this weekend and starter fertilizer if I were you..Wait for a rain and in like 2-3 more weeks max..put down the crabgrass preventer.

Just don't put it near any new grass/seedlings that you've planted

Would you put the seed down at the same time you put down the lime and starter fertilizer? I think I'm going to need a good shade mix as this is in the wooded area that I've been thinning (considerably) for the past year.

Spring is officially here as the town ran the sweeper down the road. Wonder where they got the money for that.....perhaps they rented it.

Would you put the seed down at the same time you put down the lime and starter fertilizer? I think I'm going to need a good shade mix as this is in the wooded area that I've been thinning (considerably) for the past year.

Spring is officially here as the town ran the sweeper down the road. Wonder where they got the money for that.....perhaps they rented it.

Yes..in fact i seeded some areas last week

Heavy heavy yard day.

Leaf blower to all flowerbeds for last time

Raked, top soiled and re seeded several trouble areas.

Lesco Starter Fertilizer went down today..2 large bags for nice green up

Hoses went out.

Touchup work with house paint on some areas that had flakes off over the winter.

Heavy heavy sunburn

Next weekend is mulch the flowerbeds

Weekend after powerwash and stain the deck

Lawn appearing from under the snow. Absolutely no sign of spring up here yet except the maple syrup is running good and the ***** willow trees. For me the real start of spring is the first forsythia. Everything happens real quick after that. Where is the forsythia blooming line, somewhere in southern Mass? That line should make good progress northward this week.

Heavy heavy yard day.

Leaf blower to all flowerbeds for last time

Raked, top soiled and re seeded several trouble areas.

Lesco Starter Fertilizer went down today..2 large bags for nice green up

Hoses went out.

Touchup work with house paint on some areas that had flakes off over the winter.

Heavy heavy sunburn

Next weekend is mulch the flowerbeds

Weekend after powerwash and stain the deck

Heavy heavy freeze coming

Archived