• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Observations

NavarreDon

Definitely lowering my expectations now...it does look like a shafting might occur around my area. The initial band is weakening up here esp. once its east of the mountains, and the culprit is probably the huge snake of convection. Plus there's no signs or redevelopment to the west in GA, and the latest RUC only re-develops the moisture early AM east of I-77, which leaves this area just on the western edge. But who knows, any slight error on the upper feature tonight and early tomorrow could still pull the heavy rain back west some but I'm not banking on that here anymore, however for CLT to Boone and east into the central part of NC it could happen. A 2" rain storm here is just so rare, you can't ever bank on it for sure. However not so in the mtns and in GA...pretty amazing to watch a system with so much potential on many levels just go belly up at the last minute, but I think I'm used to it by now.

Hmmm... from Charlotte to Boone and points east, where have we heard that before. The excitement when models show a 2-3" rain for our area makes it easy to forget about the possibilities that convection may rob our moisture. Line looks like its reorganizing a little now that its moving into western Gaston Co. The 12Z ARW and NMM does show some decent redevelopment associated with the upper level trough tomorrow over the upstate and foothills, but its going to be close. Assuming there is no redevelopment the current convection along the gulf coast should be gone by then.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... from Charlotte to Boone and points east, where have we heard that before. The excitement when models show a 2-3" rain for our area makes it easy to forget about the possibilities that convection may rob our moisture. Line looks like its reorganizing a little now that its moving into western Gaston Co. The 12Z ARW and NMM does show some decent redevelopment associated with the upper level trough tomorrow over the upstate and foothills, but its going to be close. Assuming there is no redevelopment the current convection along the gulf coast should be gone by then.

true. Sometimes when you expect the convection to show, it really doesn't. Last event wasn't much of an issue with it. I'd like to see the sharp divergence in the trough incoming now to be backed up just a little bit for our area to experience a rebirth of the rain sheild overnight, but right now I think it will probably just clip my area, you stand a better shot toward CLT of catching it more, but even better further east into GSO and RDU region I think...just a better spot synoptically related to the 5H feature. Overall, it was a close call, and I bit hook line in sinker into it, so I'll probably have to eat major crow here. But its not over just yet...miracle could happen :) The new line forming in eastern Ms/TN is worth watching

Yea, this didn't play out like I hoped. 1.41" and still raining lightly. It's pretty foggy here but it's starting to dissipate and the winds have really picked up. There's another line forming in Alabama (actually MS border) and already showing hail on the GRL3 loop http://www.daculawea...torm_mode_2.php Temps have really warmed up behind the rain just west of Birmingham,

Bingo.

Just checked his website and it shows 1.35" today.:thumbsdown:

Looks like my rain is done. 2.48" just NE of downtown Dahlonega. NGTim just SW of Dahlonega got a decent amount more than I did.

looks like I wound up with 2.96 from the event.

I got 2.65, but that was mainly due to that blob of convection that went through last night between 5 and 10 pm. Without that, I would've had around 1.60 or so. The wind isn't really blowing all that hard, but we are still having problems with trees coming down due to the wet ground.

.95 thru the gauge here today. I am pinning my hopes on some accum. of the white stuff Thur night & Fri. morn.

Yeah, maybe falling at night will help with some accumulation although NWS doesn't seem to think much will fall down this low.

I have 2.75 inches with the 2 rain events. Not as much as some, but still better than it being bone dry.

Archived