• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Observations

NavarreDon

Pleasantly surprised to see .41" in the gauge this morning. About twice what the radar estimates show.

We didn't do nearly as good this far east. Ended up with a measely .10 overnight. It puts me just above the .50 mark from the storm the other day and this one so far combined. Hoping afternoon convection kicks my totals up a notch but right now we are way behind on totals.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beech Mountain should hit 130"+ for the year by tomorrow, but they are closing Sunday. Anybody think they can get a couple more big spring lows to cutoff and get them up to 150? 160" would be about 200% of normal. That is Fred's parking lot and my red Powerstroke snow chaser in my pic

Edit. I just found that the record for one year at beech is 137.6 (according to http://www.averycounty.com/relocation-info/climate) and that was 2009/10, so I think 140 or 150 might be hard to come by, but a new record seems to be not out of the question.

Not terribly impressed by radar this morning. Think I might get another tenth of an inch which would put me over the 1" mark. Disappointing considering what models showed just 36 hours ago, but starting out the first 10 days March with over 2" of rain isn't bad at all. Just hope we don't pull another 20+ day stretch of no rainfall like last month.

Total for the event here at at SW Dahlonega was 3.29 (6.69 month to date). GA-LP-1 NW of me got 3.64 (7.52 month to date). Moto, you need to become ga-lp-4. scooter.gif so we have the Dahlonega NE covered.

I had thought about that but then I would have to do the 4" gauge thing every morning. My VP2 has made me lazy. LOL. I wish they would let me use VP2 data but I might just have to bite the bullet and join....

I just drove to Lincolnton for work and the sky is as black as youd see with a very severe thunderstorm.

I'm just barely getting clipped by those line of storms. I have a few very large drops falling, about 10 feet apart. The cam is ready just in case I get lucky with a hailer.

Just got back home, saw a few impressive looking cumulus off to my west and northwest and what do you know, radar is lighting up around Cleveland, Lincoln, and Catawba counties. Hoping the southern portion of this holds together through Gaston county.

Currently up to 61 here with WSW winds around 11mph gusting to 22mph.

Archived