joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Observations

NavarreDon

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that looks like an intense line coming into Atlanta. Interesting to see its not really affecting the rain amounts in northern Alabama and nw GA so far.

post-38-0-14387600-1299682816.jpg

And there is not a single warning with that line in GA...odd...

Image from http://www.motoweatherman.com/radar/radarFFC_Base.php

post-347-0-57142300-1299683345.png

I'm over 2" and the house is under that line so I'll be adding to that total rather quickly. The radar estimates are showing 3-4+ inches back in Alabama so I guess that will be heading my way. I may end up getting more since it seems to be backbuilding a bit. I was only expecting 1.5" or so and figured NE Georgia would get the most but this is incredible. This storm added to the 1.65" I got over the weekend will give me my monthly total.

Just a few light showers so far here but that line is heading right for me. I just hope atlanta doesn't kill it. 9/10 times if a line of storms moves through atlanta, it falls apart after it moves past it. Regardless, looks like the rain here is about to pick up with rain forming even ahead of the line.

Just a few light showers so far here but that line is heading right for me. I just hope atlanta doesn't kill it. 9/10 times if a line of storms moves through atlanta, it falls apart after it moves past it. Regardless, looks like the rain here is about to pick up with rain forming even ahead of the line.

Think of it as GT's way of saying FU to UGA. IT was really nothing but a 10-15 minute downpour.

Think of it as GT's way of saying FU to UGA. IT was really nothing but a 10-15 minute downpour.

Yep..and as predicted it started to weaken significantly as soon as it past atlanta. Damn it..it happens every single time...i hate atlanta sometimes. :axe:

However, am now getting on and off heavy showers. THey don't last but a minute but good rates.

Seems like it's taking forever for the rain to get here. I hope it's as slow to move out as it has taken to get here.

Unfortunately, Convection along the gulf coast and in north ga has me wondering if amounts are going to be as heavy as advertised over areas to the north, especially nc. Often times we focus on convection along the gulf coast as moisture robbers but I've seen convection over ga/sc rob it just as often. Nam/gfs still insist otherwise though and hopefully they will be right.

Archived