12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll all lose some snow though tomorrow..esp me and Ray..Will maybe not as much..if the thing tracks GON to PYM AMOUT then loss will be minimal

Well if we get 2" of rain or more....whether it's 38 or 44...it won't matter much. I hope I torch to possibly get into some good winds. I'll lose almost all of it either way...might as well get the most out of it. I'm going to go home and look at the pics I took on 2/2, and probably take a shot..maybe even shed a tear.

Well if we get 2" of rain or more....whether it's 38 or 44...it won't matter much. I hope I torch to possibly get into some good winds. I'll lose almost all of it either way...might as well get the most out of it. I'm going to go home and look at the pics I took on 2/2, and probably take a shot..maybe even shed a tear.

Maybe read some OBS from 12/26, 1/12, and 1/27 while you're at it. Just for fun.

NO DOUBT!! I Just hope this thing moves along, nightmares from flooding last march, Sunday looks fantastic down here, getting excited! What a crazy weather pattern, 50's 2-3 inches of rain gusts to 60, snow sunday and epic cutter and intergalacticmegatorch next week, the roller coaster is here hop on for the ride.

Oddly enough, BOX doesn't have us torching out in such a huge way for the monday cutter. Forecast is only for it to shoot to 42. Models are pushing more at 50ish but still not quite an epic torch and pretty similar to what we'll probably see with this current storm.

The highly juiced QPF makes sense since the system looks really juiced up on radar.

The guy next door has 18"-24" in his front yard...anywhere from 3-10" in the backyard lol.

Great post, I've got my fingers crossed for your area.

Good post Nick for the convective potential tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be a real fun day around here weather wise. Flooding could be a bit of an issue in some spots, one thing for certain is while work has been done to remove snow from storm drains I'm not sure how much work has been done to remove snow around storm drains. I know here there is still a ton of snow around them, all they have is a huge hole just above them so runoff is just going to go into the snow.

With temps potentially getting into the 50's tomorrow with dewpoints into the 40's and heavy rainfall there should be a decent amount of snow melt too and with the potential for 1-2''...perhaps 3'' of rainfall flooding could be a bit of an issue, especially in the locations that are usually susceptible to flooding.

It's going to be warm here, I'll probably lose most of it too.

Tomorrow's event will be fantastic to observe the RUT-PVD differences...

Is anyone taken notice to that potential severe next week. That is a whopper warm punch across the area, with significant mid level dynamics then nosing in just ahead of sharp cold front/pressure trough... That has a squalline written all over it...

There's way too much snow in interior areas between 128 and 495 west of Boston to melt completely. Not happenin'

Solid ice, just solid ice, much will runoff rather than be absorbed until it softens, not that high of low ground temps, just above the pack will be much colder until the dews rise if they do.IDK but very interesting hydrologic study for me this next seven days.

Is anyone taken notice to that potential severe next week. That is a whopper warm punch across the area, with significant mid level dynamics then nosing in just ahead of sharp cold front/pressure trough... That has a squalline written all over it...

I made a little noter about that in my severe wx thread :lol:

I said I wish we see that type of setup again in late May or early June b/c that's a pretty ripe setup for us.

BOX mentions it in their discussion but mainly regarding the high wind potential at 35-40 kt

Being a little gun-shy there, Sam. j/k.

I'm hopeful we might get a surprise blue bomb.

30.8/4

Certainly high bust potential on the low side for NW MA into SW NH. Model guidance has been threatening an isothermal snow bomb for a few runs now, so something to be wary of. But we need to keep in mind we have a closed 700hPa low tracking from upstate NY into northern NH. I still think 6+ will be confined to mainly north of RUT-IZG-AUG

Solid ice, just solid ice, much will runoff rather than be absorbed until it softens, not that high of low ground temps, just above the pack will be much colder until the dews rise if they do.IDK but very interesting hydrologic study for me this next seven days.

I agree, esp avoiding strong winds ....cold dense air is still locked in at sfc.

The snowpack is too solid (shaded areas esp) to disappear or absorb. Was driving around Maynard/Sudbury, Acton, Concord MA this AM and there is still easily 12-18" in shaded areas.

Sunny areas have taken a serious beating, though. 2-6" :arrowhead:

Been talking about that threat for a few days. Strong southerly LLJ along with major mid level dynamics moving through SNE.

Certainly high bust potential on the low side for NW MA into SW NH. Model guidance has been threatening an isothermal snow bomb for a few runs now, so something to be wary of. But we need to keep in mind we have a closed 700hPa low tracking from upstate NY into northern NH. I still think 6+ will be confined to mainly north of RUT-IZG-AUG

Regardless of what transpires here, that looks like one big ol' rainstorm coming Monday. Between that, tomorrow, and the stuff on the ground, not too much concern about an early drought. Moldy basements on the other hand......

seems to me that the solution that the gfs had a couple of days ago was much closer to what will be happening than the euro depicted. i think this will be a sizable snowstorm and not that far north of the ma/nh border. certainly one to watch.

I think in the end if the GFS/NAM scenarios today are close to reality you are right. The GFS was just as far SE as the Euro was NW.

Archived