joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX has that High Wind Watch for sustained winds tomorrow, not gusts. 30-40 with gusts to 45 mph...I don't think I've ever seen that before.

yeah at the pt when the llj peaks...the surface is basically in the base of the jet but the column is inverted so we get HWW criteria sustained winds with no transfer.

i do think there is a damaging gust potential. truly damaging winds are literally just a few hundred feet AGL. typically in these southerly flow events the real good stuff is >2K feet up so you really have a tough time getting it down and have to rely on some magical squall line. in this case...just some downpours could do the trick.

This should be a solid event... my call is 5-10" for this location. 5" for the furthest SE tracks, 10" for the NW tracks.

3z SREFS take this almost over Dendrite, lol. They sleet us and almost rain up here in N.VT.

Disturbing trend because this is the time thats in the SREFs wheelhouse. This is what that model ensemble is made for... though I do like that the 6Z NAM seemed to wobble back SE a little.

But this absolutely cannot track over the Taconics/Berkshires, right? haha. Scary thing is there are A LOT of members that track this right up the CT River Valley between NH/VT. Look at the low placements of these members, a lot are in N.NH.

f42.gif

Archived