12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That rain may ripen the snowpack for floods early next week. I agree with Will in that most of the areas west of 495 and north of CT should be in the 30s. That snow will absorb a lot of the rain, but man that's going to be ripe for a big meltdown, possibly.

Yeah, Monday might be a bigger issue for that than Friday. Flusssshhhhhhh....

That rain may ripen the snowpack for floods early next week. I agree with Will in that most of the areas west of 495 and north of CT should be in the 30s. That snow will absorb a lot of the rain, but man that's going to be ripe for a big meltdown, possibly.

Yeppers that is if the clipper on Sunday does not intensify and disrupt the flow, we could see arepeat of tomorrow with the winds too. But that flood stuff is for the other thread. Pickles might undestand Ripe by then.

Down there probably.. up here there's only about 6-8 inches of crust.. I'm hoping everything is melted by sat morning.. where if we get 2 inches of rain.. could happen

Bring on spring!

Bump. Im curious too, tryingto learn.

GFS has it cold enough for snow (including BL) by 36h for ASH to ORH...but you can't include the precip you see on the map at 36h because that is precip that falls before 36h. Maybe the very end of that 6h precip falls as snow but most falls as rain. The qpf between 36-42h (whatever is shown on the 6h 42 panel) is all snow. So its probably more like a 1-2" snow burst at the end. Maybe 3" if lucky.

GFS has it cold enough for snow (including BL) by 36h for ASH to ORH...but you can't include the precip you see on the map at 36h because that is precip that falls before 36h. Maybe the very end of that 6h precip falls as snow but most falls as rain. The qpf between 36-42h (whatever is shown on the 6h 42 panel) is all snow. So its probably more like a 1-2" snow burst at the end. Maybe 3" if lucky.

ok thanks. Heres the gfs snow depth map through 48 hours. 12" down to NH border and like 5 in ORH? Is this supposed include previous depth??

post-1054-0-09296900-1298563651.png

I had though about that. Maybe if we get 2'' on the front end and 2'' on the back end we can call it an advisory event :lol:.

"Why are you looking at the useless GFS?"

This has been 90% a rain event since Ray first mentioned it a week ago

seems to me that the solution that the gfs had a couple of days ago was much closer to what will be happening than the euro depicted. i think this will be a sizable snowstorm and not that far north of the ma/nh border. certainly one to watch. 

You're gonna end up with a net gain out of this..front and backend snow..with rain and 33-34 in the middle..congrats

I'll measure my pack later today. Expecting a small loss by the time this is done Friday, but a gain Sunday, then another loss Monday

Wheels on the bus...

It is so nice out 31.1F and blue skie... clouds incoming though

Is Will thinking icing still a concern anywhere?

I dunno - the more I look at this thing from CEF to FIT could be surprised here... Starting to visualize a potential for that band beginning this thing as light snow/ip, flipping to moderate rain for and hour or two, then parachuting to 1/4 mi vis or less for several hours tomorrow evening.

I dunno - the more I look at this thing from CEF to FIT could be surprised here... Starting to visualize a potential for that band beginning this thing as light snow/ip, flipping to moderate rain for and hour or two, then parachuting to 1/4 mi vis or less for several hours tomorrow evening.

:popcorn: Either way, a lot to track tommorow with the wind, heavy rain, snow/rain line, heavy snow, should be fun.

Wish I could close my eyes and wake up Sunday.

NO DOUBT!! I Just hope this thing moves along, nightmares from flooding last march, Sunday looks fantastic down here, getting excited! What a crazy weather pattern, 50's 2-3 inches of rain gusts to 60, snow sunday and epic cutter and intergalacticmegatorch next week, the roller coaster is here hop on for the ride.

Archived