amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it goes GON to PYM it stays in the 30's IMBY..very important to me personally

I think you'll creep to 40F...because the low is probably going to be N of the S CT coast...maybe track across central CT to south of BOS.But you'll probably be in the 30s for most of the time before that.

I think you'll creep to 40F...because the low is probably going to be N of the S CT coast...maybe track across central CT to south of BOS.But you'll probably be in the 30s for most of the time before that.

Yeah I can see a scenario where it gets to 39 or 40 for an hour or 2 right ahead of the front..Yesterday i was thinking mid 40's..so the big Euro trend SE has helped me there

Its hard to get a sfc low to track over ALB unless the vortmax is really strong. This system doesn't really fit that bill...at least if models are close to depicting the s/w correctly. Even Feb 5-6 couldn't do it when it was trying to track it over MPM 12 hours out.

Yeah vortmax is pretty weak.

Edit: not weak, but not strong enough until east of here.

It's going to slide north of me I think, between here and Scott. It'll ride right along the boundary which is going to blow right through here.

What's interesting to me is that if a mechanism existed for perfectly blending the Euro with the GFS into a super model, we'd have a much more accurate model than either alone. This storm is a perfect example.

That mechanism is called the human brain. Unfortunately it's often biased with emotions so the leaning often goes against our strong rational deductive skills and leans towards the snowier model(s) :)

Does the Euro have te flip to snow at th end for many?

Also...what kinds of amounts for clipper on Sat nite?

It looks like a quick flip to snow at the end. Maybe an inch.

Sunday clipper is best N of pike...2-4 with maybe even a stripe of 5" in there for S NH/N MA. More like 1-2" for YBY.

I'm looking for some driving advice for tomorrow morning... We are driving from the Boston area out the Mass Pike/Thruway to Syracuse. We had planned on leaving around 6:30 AM and arriving in Syracuse around noon, but we can change our schedule if necessary.

1) What should we expect to encounter on the drive?

2) Will the roads be passable?

I'm used to driving in heavy snow, but of course I don't want to die or get my family stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Any advice would be much appreciated.

All the guidance today has been colder than last night. I'm starting to wonder if my northern areas for forecasting up near the NH border will get a lot more snow than first thought. Its a close call but I could see someone like Winchendon or Gardner picking up 6" of paste with an isothermal proflile from like 700mb all the way to the sfc. Those are always the toughest to forecast because it could also be heavy rain and 33F....or even a narrow ribbon of ice at 31.5F.

This has been a tee totter, soundings and Bufkit have consistently been a tad colder than first model looks. Blue bomb and ice might be bigger than first looks.

Archived